Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

I’ve had several netgear routers over the last two decades starting with the classic WRT54G back at the dawn of home WiFi. I’ve never had one I wasn’t satisfied with. Need to enter the settings menu? Easy, just punch 192.168.1.1 into your browser. But times have changed I guess. My newest router starts by hounding you to download their app. As if that wasn’t enough, it makes you create and log into a netgear account before it will take you to the web based UI if you refuse the app. The app also makes you log into your account naturally. It pissed me off so much that went out and downloaded openwrt and switched the firmware so that I never have to deal with their poo poo again. I was only digging around in the settings to try and fix a game that started losing connection to the host every five minutes after a recent update. To be fair that’s the games fault because every other game I play works just fine and so did this one until the developers broke it, but swapping the firmware resolved the issue so I’m going to also blame netgear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

I drive a hatchback because I got a big dick. Also I like being able to actually drive the car with ease.