Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
my favorite chinese food place sold to new owners and they remodeled the inside, doubled the prices, the food got worse and they dont do dinner specials anymore

i have been going there for nearly a decade and this is my 9/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Good risings 99p Big Mac queen?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

In general companies also just send way too many emails. I switched my phone service the other day and had this hurricane hit me

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

euphronius posted:

You guys just don’t use the speaker built into the tv ?

i like being able to hear what i'm watching

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I am a D&D DM and make everyone do everything on paper so people aren’t distracted by their phones. I have a laser printer entirely to facilitate that.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Phoenix, sadly

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I really like the table service dinner theater setup. Between my gf and I we probably pay like $80-90 to see a movie but the one near us has really good food and is locally owned. She’s a teacher and her movie tickets are free all summer too

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I don’t miss headphone jacks at all

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Vampire Panties posted:

Yeah pretty much. Also if you list anything over 300 dollars or so, you will be deluged by scammers with extremely fake accounts, and when reported Fb says :shuckyes: 'no problem found' :shuckyes:

Fb moderation is a joke. I reported a blatant scam the other day, like someone’s account was hacked and it was an obvious phishing site, and the results of the report were just like “Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Cyber Scamming Real Hahahaha Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Close Your Eyes Haha”

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

They were so focused on telling me 2+3 = 5 while hiding 3+2 from us the entire time!!!

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

No matter how staffed or understaffed a self checkout is I haven’t paid for a greeting card in like 8 years and I don’t plan to start

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Yeah I looked at the price of one the other day and felt very justified

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Having been to the UK, there’s a lot more thought put into self checkout there. It’s kind of a weird free for all in the US that also can get you put in jail if you’re black and make any kind of mistake

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

shazbot posted:

I want to complain about Salad and Go which is an AZ/TX chain that basically lets you build your own giant salad for 6 bucks. It was amazing. It still is pretty good. But over the last year they are showing the signs of enshitifcation and it makes me very sad.

Also rip the breakfast burrito, salad, and drink for $10 combo. All days worth of food for :10bux:

They own Angie’s lobster which is the new cheap good food place for now, got one up the street from me in AZ and it rules

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I am in a Facebook group for Baldur’s Gate 3 and you can’t say kill, murder, assassin and other words like that or they’ve threatened to ban the group.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

credburn posted:

"They" being the admins for the group itself? Facebook doesn't give a poo poo.

It’s the group, Facebook auto moderation absolutely does give a poo poo. The group has gotten several strikes and has a notice that it is in danger of being deleted. They had to turn on manual approval for posts to stop the strikes.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Oh you got me I just made up that weirdly specific lie for no reason

You’re an idiot

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

Lol you use facebook? LOLOLOLOL stupid boomers go lick lead paint.

edit: Don't actually do that, I don't want anyone excusing me of that being the equivalent of saying go kill yourself.

I just interpreted it as you wanting me to have bad opinions on the internet but don’t worry I didn’t need to lick lead paint for that

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

My gf works in an urban district with poor kids and thank god the district doesn’t have the money to do this poo poo. She loves her job.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Meanwhile I’m just over here mad that the free lunch and breakfast program for my gf’s inner city (7th grade) kiddos is going away next year because gently caress them, right? I already pack more food than she needs in her lunch box every day so she can give the extras out, I am trying to figure out how I can affordably make sure her 1st hour is fed every day 😢

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Check their Minecraft playtime, the children yearn for the mines

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Woolie Wool posted:

Does anybody actually like these loving things, they usually contain something so trite and maudlin as to be offensive. The Voight-Kampff test is actually being shown a Hallmark card. If you are touched by it the bladerunner comes and puts a bullet in your head.

I missed this post during greeting card chat but to circle back around it’s basically one of the only ways you can still preserve someone’s handwriting anymore or even receive a handwritten note and if you’re maudlin like I am occasionally it’s nice to read something someone wrote who isn’t around anymore. I love getting them even if the card sucks

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Did Sara Lee bread used to be good or are they just good at marketing

Someone brought some of the Sara Lee artisano rolls to thanksgiving and they’re horrible compared to the kings Hawaiian

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Woolie Wool posted:

Teaching does not make number go up and it doesn't produce commodities either so it gets poo poo from reactionaries, vulgar Marxists, and :airquote:"""dirtbag left""":airquote: types alike. A huge proportion of people hate that humans require care and nurture and wish we could just mass produce workers like iPhones to eliminate the "drag" of teaching and raising children.

Source your quotes

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Went to Texas Roadhouse for the first time in half a decade and was dismayed to discover you can’t throw peanuts everywhere anymore

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

They changed all the street lamps to LEDs in my city about a year and a half ago and they’re almost all failing so everything is this dim blue you can barely see in

It sucks

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i drive around in the middle of the desert at night and brights help me not hit javelinas and poo poo which would suck especially if i'm in a mountain shadow and don't have service to call for help

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Yep unfortunately for most Americans driving isn’t the thing you do when you’re rich to opt out of the robust public transit system like it is in Europe

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

The ford maverick is pretty close but tbh I am just gonna import a kei truck

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

As someone who’s had to work on a friend’s smart car a lot they loving suck please just buy a prius

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

big mean giraffe posted:

I have a 2023 RAV4 and don't have to pay anything for any of its features?

I have a 23 Camry as well and not sure either what they’re referring to

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Also adaptive cruise control rules

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

You can just turn that feature off on my car but why would you lol it’s so great

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

euphronius posted:

Your car seizes up and goes haywire when they do that

It does not

I live in Phoenix where everyone drives like it’s mad max and it works great

E: lot of aggressive drivers telling on themselves itt

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

euphronius posted:

In Wednesday I drove 300 miles

If I went 55 (speed limit ) it would have taken 5:30

If I went 70 (I did ) it took 4:20

Not including stops

Edit

The math is probably woefully wrong

By your example then to save even 10 hrs, which is the minimum of the scale you provided, you’d have to drive 3000 miles in a month which is a full quarter of what the average driver does in a year. I’m not convinced.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

My gf and I live in the community we do most of our stuff in including work and it’s actually way cooler than driving 3000-6000 miles a month

If we have to go 300 miles we fly which is actually much more efficient per the metrics presented

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

800peepee51doodoo posted:

fake edit: as evil as subscription services are I'm really struggling to understand why anyone could possibly give a poo poo about starting your car from anywhere but in your car. Warming up cars hasn't been a thing since like the 70s

My gf has cold urticaria and all the trim levels that have seat warmers so she doesn’t break out into hives are leather which also gets really cold so I had to get remote start for her so she could warm it up

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

People were absolute savages at the Eras Tour in a way I’ve never seen before honestly. It was like everyone forgot how to act. Even near concessions we had a near crush and a little girl in a wheelchair was being practically bowled over. I’m big and loud and had to start hollering at people to clear a path for her or she would’ve been stuck forever.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Always a treat when people who have never had to use a generator panic about a completely normal piece of equipment being sold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

There are much better and safer ways to hook up a generator.

“ThErE aRe MuCh BeTtER aNd saFeR wAys” 🤓

Let me tell that to the people who didn’t have a panel installed for a generator when Texas froze a couple years ago and needed heat, we should’ve just called an electrician first and let my disabled neighbor freeze to death. It works for what it needs to when it needs to