Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

They moved the fingerprint sensor from the back of Samsung phones to be on the front so you use it on the screen, it makes screen replacement tedious and if you get someone else to do it it's dumb expensive because of this

Back of the phone fingerprint readers are better than in screen readers or face unlock and I will die on this hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
You can fill an entire thread with all the ways in which air travel loving sucks.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Google maps changed some of their colors and it looks so much worse now. When mapping out multiple stops, the color of the path to the later stops is nearly indistinguishable from the background in dark mode, while the alternate routes are glaringly bright.

I hate it.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

big mean giraffe posted:

I use my grocery store's self scan every time I shop, haven't done a regular checkout lane in over a year at this point. It's amazing

The grocery store by me has a self checkout area that seems to handle like 70% of the traffic, so they routinely have only 1 or 2 normal lanes open (which are always backed up). They also have a digital coupon clipping app that you need to use to get discounts on your items (mostly produce). The problem is that you can only apply the digital coupon price in the normal lane. It doesn't trigger on the self checkout kiosks, and if you ask the attendant they send you to the normal lanes. I hate it so much.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I hate the new route color schemes in Google maps. I use dark mode, and the blue for the primary route is so close to the slightly lighter blue for alternate routes that I have to really look to differentiate. A glance doesn't cut it anymore. I'm mildly red-blue colorblind, so maybe that's why, but this didn't use to be an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The last week or two my phone (android) keeps asking me if I want to translate to english. On a text thread. That's in english.

gently caress you google, my spelling isn't that bad.