Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

StrangersInTheNight posted:

My TV is from 2007 and it's on its last legs so I was gonna buy a new one soon. I had no idea to get 'dumb' tvs nowadays you have to buy the Best Buy Insignia brand now. Jfc what. Really. I just want a screen that shows things.

They are called monitors now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The only thing worse than videogame fans are people who watch people play video games and think that is equivalent to actually playing and interacting with video games

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Killingyouguy! posted:

Our roomba is really essential for keeping up with our dogs shedding in our hardwood floored apartment

But it gets software updates and I s2g some of them make the roomba 10x worse at pathfinding

My years old Roomba alternates between amazingly accurate sweeps with zero issues and running into the wall next to the charger for 10 mins at a time with every update or so and there's no good way to keep it from updating once you have a firmware that doesn't suck rear end.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

bagmonkey posted:

my dad keeps trying to get me to try hokas, i'll probably buy a pair this year to give em a shot

If new balances are comfy to you Hokas will likely be painful on the arch. They're almost opposite shoe design.

New balances don't last as long as they used to but the fresh foam x stuff is really nice while it lasts.

But I bought a clearances pair of NB gloves and the grip is falling off after a month. Not impressed.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Professor Shark posted:

Didn’t Target die in Canada because of their faulty inventory tracking system?

I think it was trying to use SAP without paying for SAP professionals. It's always been lovely to use without a lot of extra support and custom additions.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Vampire Panties posted:

... you all know that vets dont administer vaccines any more than doctors draw blood, right?*

do any of you think I scheduled a loving hour at the vet to get two vaccines administered? And the vet staff was frozen in place until I showed up?

do any of you have pets? hell, have any of you ever received a vaccine shot?

nobody's time was wasted, no animals care was imperiled.

*PLEASE give me the pedantry of the one time your pediatrician drew blood when you were five and had a fever. I need it, for my family.

Who's going to find a quote where this poster was upset they didn't get paid for their time?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Wendigee posted:

My local Kroger started this 10 item limit and I had like 15 items.

I scanned everything legit and this little huffy employee came over and gave me the sink eye like I was trying to get away with something, before approving it.

Lol.

I'm more likely to start stealing at this point. gently caress your 8 dollar 12 pack of soda you dicks

The funny thing is they don't even have signs up saying 10 item limit so like what the gently caress do they expect? I'm just supposed to know?

The previous time I bought 30 items because I wasn't waiting for the one checkout lane and it went fine. So gently caress em.

I even have then my alt is, aka phone number, at they know what my spending patterns are

Posting about how they are going to steal because they were slightly inconvenienced is pretty lovely for no good reason

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I like the new "no phones while driving" law that is enforced at the same intensity as any other traffic law

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The "everything on Amazon is counterfeit" view is an excellent propaganda campaign by their competitors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

redshirt posted:

I agree with all the points above about Adaptive CC and for some, the feature probably is pretty cool.

But that I can't opt out of it is the issue. There's no way around it in a new Toyota as far as I can tell. And I hate that.

If you can't Google it then you don't need to be turning it off, or even driving a car imo