Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spell_blade
Apr 8, 2009

ElectricSheep posted:

not tech related but I swear Pizza Hut used to taste better like, when you went to their actual sit down joints

I know my sense of taste changes but I just had some decent pizza last night and I was like drat this is like what Pizza Hut used to taste like. not great but decent

I really just gotta laugh at this because as someone who used to work at a Pizza Hut that was ran by an idiot franchisee, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case that they made things cheaper and worse. I watched Pizza Hut corporate make a bunch of dumbassed decisions and then I watched my district manager make stupid decisions and sadly had to watch my decent general manager try her best with this bullshit.

To actually contribute to the thread, I realized that Google searching loving sucks now. I have to get increasingly creative with my search parameters to actually find something relevant to what I'm asking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spell_blade
Apr 8, 2009

Khanstant posted:

I'm starting to wonder if it's a genetic taste thing, like how black coffee tastes like chocolate, how a grapefruit could be edible, or cilantro tasting like soap to some people but not others. I assume artificial sweeteners are the same thing, because the disgusting chemical tastes that come with them are not something anyone would choose to ingest on purpose, let alone consider at all comfortable to sugar. Salt has more in common with the flavour of sugar and sweetness than loving aspartame/stevia/etc

There is, in some people, they only bind to sweet receptors so only taste sweet but in others, they bind to sweet and bitter receptors and taste gross. It's linked to the gene TAS2R31.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5155417/