Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I presume it's all done at the direction of upper management at the behest of six sigma black belts. There's no way it could be so consistently poo poo across so many devices unless it was the digital equivalent of the milk aisle - intentional obfuscation of functionality that statistically shows to lead to less profitable outcomes.

I would love to hear from developers actually working on stuff like the food delivery apps on how the process unfolds for deciding on UI redesigns

Some of it is very transparently there to drive ENGAGEMENT etc, but I've always assumed that most of it is UI developers trying to justify their jobs by constantly reinventing the wheel and discovering there's only so many ways to make a wheel before you're just making it lovely on purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU