Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
A mcchicken, a small fry, and a drink at mcdonalds is 8 dollars now. Why do they think any meal on their menu is worth 8 dollars, let alone one that comes with a child size fries order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My grandparents' bank is ending paper billing. For people who are young that's easy to grasp and transition to because we all grew up with that technology. But my grandparents now have to spend hours transferring all of their assets over to a web based system that looks the exact same and runs the exact same except they don't get a paper transaction each month. They're confused, frustrated, and the bank won't help them because there are many cases ongoing for some strange reason.

To "protect the environment"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Grimace posted:

McDonald's used to have Large drinks for only $1.00 and a few months ago they raised it to $1.39.

Buuuuuullshit

When this one was made, the woman at the drive-thru preemptively apologized to me as if she personally made the change, apparently LOTS of people were pissed

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The editing program I use to make my let's plays VEGAS got bought from Sony, The Sony, by a company called MAGIX and they immediately ruined its performance and functionality. You pretty much can't use it without a crash and there are dozens of videos on YouTube from internet faith healers claiming they know how to make it stable.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Das Boo posted:

YouTube is just making it harder and harder for channels to survive. It strikes you if you review anything, it sinks your appearance on the algorithm if you're not uploading multiple times a week, and it demonetizes you if you use a "bad word." To the point where creators have a whole stupid language to talk around the trigger words, like "un-aliving" to say "suicide."

Also YT keeps recommending me toxic right-wing takes on things I like. I literally can't block them all.

It's extremely bad if you make videos that are at all about raising suicide awareness and others that contain non-pejorative uses of these 'forbidden phrases'. Anything reassuring is treated under the same umbrella as threats. Genuine advice and assistance are clumped together with angry gamers and true crime videos.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

DickParasite posted:

My parents get more bitter every time I see them. They have a great life. I don't get it.

It hurts seeing this happen in real time to the people you love. My grandparents are gone, Fox News replaced them with these weird racist robots that do things based on their "woke" content and they'll shout at you about it like it's the most important thing if you don't agree.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Amazon Prime got shittier. It's less worth it, half the items I have purchased over the years didn't have prime shipping or SAID they did and then shipped without prime from some third party retailer. Have canceled several orders that just didn't clearly denote they were coming from some rando until the confirmation message.

Just recently a service launched called Amazon Renewed where it tries to say refurbished returns count as being new in stock and eligible for prime. I got a video game controller that was marked new but subtly had already been opened, as the defective one I returned started with a plastic wrap around it.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 22, 2023

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Frosted Mini Wheats are playground mulch these days, it's dire when you gently caress up a food even boomers like.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

All I want is a waterproof iPod-shuffle sized square mp3 player that can clip onto your shirt and is light enough not to obnoxiously bounce around when running. Apparently this technology was lost 10 years ago, and music is only possible through shittier products that are huge and clunky or constantly corroding. I have been buying the same post-market water proofed shuffle every 3-4 years for the past 15 years and goddamn they are getting expensive and hard to find.

In addition, it really irks me how phones have no standardization in shape anymore. They are all different screen sizes, meaning every sporting goods store has 500 types of arm bands. Did your phone come out later than 6 months ago? Bad news, your arm band is not being made anymore and will never be again and they didn't make reserves.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The road construction projects in my city have been getting shittier over the years. For some reason the city keeps destroying the road to widen lanes, and then not finishing rebuilding it. It's been actually years, and the crappy white temporary paint is still featured on bare grooved concrete with mucky tar separating the lanes. This poo poo's on Historic Route 66 too so mega disrespectful to pioneers of vehicle travel who laid the thing however you feel about that.

This awful crap but a 4 lane parkway.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah I don't watch Twitch live anymore for the same reason. Why would I want exciting moments to be interrupted by a full screen commercial with no warning or choice by the person casting? That's not ever acceptable.

edit: btw the line that says "This ad supports the streamer" is just an outright lie, Twitch doesn't pay you for ads that run on your channel anymore unless you're sponsored

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jul 11, 2023

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

aniviron posted:

Tonight, a new option appeared on the settings for youtube videos when changing the video quality - 1080p *premium.* Needs a premium subscription to function, of course. Video quality is getting paygated on the site, which I am sure will only lead to good things.

This pisses me off as a content creator because it's proof they keep extremely high def versions of my videos and then just don't show them to people.

edit: It's definitely a scam. If this sells then 1080p video will soon go down in quality from ~24Mbps to the ~18Mbps they use for 720p.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jul 12, 2023

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CJacobs posted:

The road construction projects in my city have been getting shittier over the years.

Well it turns out I can eat poo poo because Illinois just dropped a multi-billion dollar state-wide road restoration project to take place over 6 years. I don't know enough to guess if they'll just pocket this money but like 5 major repairs instantly sprung up in my town so that's cool.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

microsoft, my dude...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Speaking of things that are probably pandemic adjacent, people don't really say bless you or gesundheit or even a silly joke when you sneeze anymore. Just complete dead silence. It sucks.

edit: I can get one out of them if I say "excuse me" first sometimes

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jul 14, 2023

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My local mall recently put an Outback Steakhouse at an odd angle right in the middle of the parking lot and I didn't see any construction so I can only assume it grew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There are some pretty significant problems that can arise from running your electronics while cleaning them.

edit: You could also then just not use a liquid solution but it'd be far easier for all types of cleaner if the laptop could just be locked!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 20, 2023