Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
YouTube is just making it harder and harder for channels to survive. It strikes you if you review anything, it sinks your appearance on the algorithm if you're not uploading multiple times a week, and it demonetizes you if you use a "bad word." To the point where creators have a whole stupid language to talk around the trigger words, like "un-aliving" to say "suicide."

Also YT keeps recommending me toxic right-wing takes on things I like. I literally can't block them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Hasturtium posted:

Imgur turned from a perfectly nice, no bullshit image hosting service to a venture capital- poisoned and JavaScript-infested pig that fights like hell to keep you from downloading original fidelity images on mobile, and just got done dumping NSFW content as well as images not linked to an account. It’s also owned by the same loser holding company shepherding World Star Hip Hop and various other never-quite-broke-escape-velocity properties to a walking death. It’s just so gross visiting now - go to see a picture or a gallery, and it’s a pastel spew of memetic LOOK AT ME fringing what you came for on all sides.

So I used to upload via browser even while I was on mobile. They took away that option to make you use the app. I try the app and HEY, it freezes me out of absolutely anything I try to upload and now I gotta go through Minigmur to upload a drat picture on there if I'm on my phone. Only Minigmur doesn't let you upload videos, so I gotta go get on my desktop if I wanna do that.

I USED TO BE ABLE TO JUST USE IMGUR TO DO THESE THINGS.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Payndz posted:

Cracked dot com - used to have at least some entertaining and interesting content. Now? "Here are jokes 10 random people on Twitter made about a subject, illustrated with a screengrab of their Tweet."

I completely forgot I used to visit this site once or twice a week. I swear I checked in one day and it was just suddenly a bunch of poo poo rehash listicles full of spelling errors.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Quaker Oatmeal Squares > Frosted Mini Wheats

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Brother Tadger posted:

I think that the number of ads that play are partially determined by the uploader, so it may depend on the specific content you are watching on youtube, as well

This. I play a stories-in-the-rain YTer at night and he tells you up front, "This video has three ads after each of the first three stories."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Whang just uploaded a video about McDonald's french fries' journey to becoming poo poo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGI1rdJeTbQ