Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012
I dunno, I'm pretty happy with my brother laser other than when it decides to freak out my afci breaker.

HP inc even has weird canyons between some of their business products. Their probooks are as low quality as the cheapest acer you can find at bestbuy but their elite book and z series are surprisingly good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012

Wendigee posted:

Lol Kansas is outsourcing it's tornadoes to the north and south east it seems like. Hope you guys got basements there! I know they don't in the south.

Enjoy!

Moved from the Milwaukee area to South Carolina in 2017 and specifically looked for a place with a full basement. Since the tornados seemed to follow me here we just have friends over and hang out in the basement a few times a year when tornados come and gently caress things up.

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012

cat botherer posted:

Also, can someone please recommend me a podcast app whose developers have even a foggy idea of how people consume podcasts? I’ve already tried all the ones anybody has heard of.

Probably overcast. If you are on android, the best I got for you is pocket casts. Been a while since I used an android as a personal phone though.

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012
The only proper way to respond in kind is to show her your butthole.

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012

Mozi posted:

if they started selling tvs with no volume control i'd dislike that as well

This isn't the first time someone has suggested you can't control the volume of TikTok or reels or whatever else. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding but I'm pretty sure I need to turn my device volume up to hear them when my wife sends me one occasionally.

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012
I do have system alerts turned down to about 20% in the mixer because they can happen while listening to something else and are otherwise pretty loud but generally I'm only having a single web page or app make noise at a given time and turn the main volume up or down. I have a 60% keyboard so it means pressing Fn but still way easier than mousing over to some software control, hovering or clicking, then dragging.

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012
He's in Wisconsin so there's a good chance the bartender will just give him an extra beer to shut up. I miss Wisconsin sometimes.

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012
Yeah I appreciate that. At Aldi I just use the hand scanner and kinda shuffle things from one side of the cart to the other while scanning them.

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

We used to have drive-in theater here where you tuned your radio to a very local FM (I think) station. That was a cool place. It closed in 2015. :(

RIP Keno.

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012

blackmet posted:

I'm trying to keep us as a one car payment at a time household, so I just need to keep driving my 2013 Legacy until 2029 or 2030!

Why stop there? When my current Subaru eventually dies, I probably won't even replace it. I'll just sit in the driveway and make engine noises with my mouth while bouncing in the seat. Food delivery will cost a bit but it's better than dealing with a new one with auto engine stop.

Speaking of things which suck, yeah, auto engine stop sucks. It's especially awful in traffic when it's 100 degrees outside.

Also my first car would sometimes stall at stoplights and refuse to restart so you can imagine the stress that might trigger.

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012

Dip Viscous posted:

Not being able to see my surroundings through the windows is bad enough on newer cars that I stopped driving, and won't be renewing my license when that comes up. Yeah, I could get an older car, but I don't want to be in a situation where I'm expected to drive someone else's.

Fuckin' love when I'm crossing the street at a crosswalk and I can't see any of the drivers.

The aforementioned Subaru happens to be the largest of theirs and it's still really easy to see all around it. The only downside is that it has tall windows and a downward curving hood which does a poor job of communicating to the world that I am a big strong man with massive man parts.

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012
It's almost like Subaru knows their customers. They are kinda ugly and very boring but generally functional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012

Philthy posted:

this is what we do in wisconsin any time we drive anywhere

Wisconsin roads were scary at times. I spent most of my adult life there and grew up around Chicago so I'm just amazed anytime someone complains about the roads here in SC.