Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

functional GUIs are literally lost technology at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

The official term for this kind of thing is crapification
Not sure why it isn't more widely known

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

did google maps just become unusable today for anyone else? it's now all green and drat near unreadable.
that's some hardcore crapification.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

credburn posted:

I know this is hardly new, but fashion exploiting the "look" of the impoverished.

Like hosed up jeans. Man the kind of jeans you have to pay extra for nowadays are the same types of jeans I used to get beat up for wearing to school. Back in those days I wore hosed up jeans because we couldn't afford JC Penny's fancy fuckin 17 dollar pairs of jeans oohhweeee
Yeah the early 2000s were weird about jeans
Pre-ruined baggy jeans and then some guys were wearing flared jeans that were disturbingly close to bell-bottoms, which was at the time grosser than tight jeans would be 5 years later

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Prettz posted:

did google maps just become unusable today for anyone else? it's now all green and drat near unreadable.
that's some hardcore crapification.
I hate to repeat myself but am I the only who saw this? Like a day or 2 ago it was usual google maps, now it's been modern-UI'd, with all that entails. There's also a bar on the left side that's empty except for a hamburger at the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

withak posted:

No change here. Clear your cache and reload, sounds broken.
It's not a cache thing, they replaced the background color on the default view with a background loosely based on the vegetation from the satellite view. They did this today -- for me at least. I did several google searches before I posted that for "google maps is now unusable" to see if others were seeing it... now I just pulled up maps again and it's reverted. It's like they experimented with just my account. That is fascinating.