Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

ElectricSheep posted:

not tech related but I swear Pizza Hut used to taste better like, when you went to their actual sit down joints

I know my sense of taste changes but I just had some decent pizza last night and I was like drat this is like what Pizza Hut used to taste like. not great but decent

They changed their recipes like 20 years ago, it's been poo poo ever since

HOWEVER, Dominos makes a pizza that is loving identical to 90s pizza hut, it's uncanny. Order a pan pizza with 'classic' sauce from dominos and you're a pitcher of root beer and a chintzy stained glass chandelier away from your childhood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

DrBouvenstein posted:

T-Shirts all suck now. I know I've put on weight, but this isn't about my misguided attempts to still try and fit into a large shirt when I almost certainly need an XL and then getting mad it doesn't fit around the middle. No, this is about the sleeves.

It seems like ~10 years ago, all the t-shirt manufacturers got together and decided to make the sleeves REALLY short. Like, it doesn't matter if you get a M, L, or XL...the sleeves are all going to be the same length, and that length is "your armpit hair pokes out if you raise your arms."

WTF? I don't want ones that go to my elbow, or anything, but it seems any new shirt I buy, the sleeves are just too drat short (especially the inner seem , so you get shirts where the hem line is at a very odd angle.)

it's not 1992 any more grampa, short sleeves are supposed to end at mid-bicep when your arms are relaxed, not hit your elbow and billow out like Doug Funnie

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I haven't been to a movie theater since like 2016 and I feel like I've made the right decision

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Thought about getting a volcano burrito from Taco Bell for old times sake, but I know that it wont be the same. Taco Bell went waaaay downhill past few years.

atomicpile posted:

Doritos tacos are the greatest fast food ever made.

Do the best of both worlds: order Doritos locos tacos and get a cup of volcano sauce on the side

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmB-tF9VgcI

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Tarkus posted:

True. While I smoked for 25 years, I've never vaped. I wonder if vaping stings the lungs the same way smoke does.

Nah it just dries the poo poo out of your throat

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Outrail posted:

Burt's Bees peppermint lip balm. Where the hell is it? Was it discontinued? I have a stick in my glovebox and it's almost gone and I don't know what I'll do after that.

There's pomegranate and wild cherry and coconut lime and cucumber mint and all sorts of other woo bullshit flavours. But they apparently discontinued peppermint. There's no good in this world.

It's a seasonal thing now and they changed the name to Candy Cane, but it's literally the peppermint balm in a new wrapper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Internet Old One posted:

Oh no this is called server side ad insertion and they inject the ad directly into the stream.

I can remember ads on VHS tapes as early at the 80s and they were getting pretty crazy with it sometimes at the end of the DVD era. If you had a compliant DVD player it wouldn’t let you skip them either.

*DVD loads to pre-menu adroll*

*hit Stop, Stop, Play, DVD goes directly to movie*

HACK THE PLANET