Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Spinz posted:

Discord instead of here

Arrrgghhhhhh
I do not know what this means but I make it a habit to not use online services if my handle is taken already (yes I am old enough that I am from an era where unique usernames were still possible), and Discord hosed ME GOOD by suddenly going from "everyone use whatever" for all those years I used it to "CHOOSE YOUR SINGLE IMMUTABLE HANDLE" and, of course, some Turkish guy going by Quarex had randomly gotten there first as is usually the case in anything post-2010

Still it is an honor to be so popular in Turkey

Also Steam updated to make every "game on your wishlist is on sale" occurrence pop up in your notifications area, and if you try to turn it off it tells you the servers are too busy to complete your request. Just amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

aniviron posted:

Steam's UI updated today. I was using a skin, Steam Compact, but not only does the new UI break the skin, it doesn't support skins at all. Everything is gigantic now; I have to assume the new interface is meant to be legible on the Steam Deck. But I don't have a deck with a three inch screen, I have a whole-rear end monitor, I don't need buttons the size of Fischer Price toy icons.
So many interfaces are seemingly designed to be used by blind morons, yet somehow old people still cannot read them. The worst of all worlds