Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Phone tree hold music/quality of cell phone voice audio in general? Worse, I swear. I think by saving .0005% extra bandwidth by reducing the call quality to the human threshold for understanding something such as speech, they save $1 at the end of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
Oh! I've got one! Calling Pizza Hut. Not the food itself, which is pretty ok, but calling the store.

So you get to Pizza Hut and pull in the curbside spot. You call the restaurant. Instead of just picking up the phone, it routes to a call center in India and you talk to the guy (amid terrible call quality) who then has to relay to the store that you are waiting outside. Like what the gently caress. The guy never has any idea what is going on, either. And other companies do this, too. All to save on labor. :grindsmygears:

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
Last one: YouTube serving 5 minute anti-trans political ads, disguised as pro-trans ads. Or Prager videos, with seemingly no way to opt out. Just... despicable. Makes me want to burn down a pizza hut.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
Speaking of Amazon, they have some kind of new shipping boxes which are terrible. The boxes are bad and I suspect they were crafted by evil wizards. The pull tabs only work sometimes and your box will arrive smashed, but smashed in new and interesting ways. Exciting!

I ordered some cat treats last week. The big 30oz tub, which is already super prone to popping open. When I opened the box, it was full of small, biting ants, which swarmed and bit me, all over. B-, Amazon.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
Yeah this Twitter thing today I think is some kind of Camel-breaking back straw. I quit Twitter when Musk took over, but I click links and watch embeds sometimes. I really hope this inspires a backlash and/or accelerates the burning to the ground.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
I bought a box of bomb pop popsicles. Now maybe it's because it's a fancy flavor (sour patch kids maybe?) and they are a disappointment. Kind of soft and mushy and not the icy treats I craved. Now, I don't despise them, but I do see this as part of the overall process of sherbetification this thread was made for.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib

StrangersInTheNight posted:

sour patch products outside of the original candy are also universally known to be terrible.

i can't blame you tho bc I'd still buy them to see as well, and be equally sad
Friend I hear you on that and big respect. But I'm gonna bring up one outlier: ghost energy drink. Like yeah SPK coast on the popularity of the red flavor (which itself coasts on the flavor of red swedish fish) but they know when they have a good thing going. The red flavor of ghost is real drat good.

But I see it as part of an overall problem where a food product gets softer and shittier over time. Like sour punch straws and shark bites (and nearly all fruit snacks for that matter). Not just shrinkflated. Don't baby me, Big Candy. Give it to me hard and chewy. Also put tangy taffy back on the market, with those weird sugar crystals.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
There's a lot that's gotten shittier with cell phones. Specifically, my phone, a Pixel 5, is now poo poo. A year ago it was fine and the battery was still pretty decent. Then, they keep pushing these updates and suddenly, within a few months, the battery is poo poo and I am lucky if it will boot. This phone was like $500. Why can't it just still work? It's just so hosed up to me. I don't even know if this is something they do intentionally, but I do seem to get the same mysterious phone affliction about 3 years into owning it. I hate everything. I'm going to switch to a Jitterbug. :rant::smithcloud:

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib

Atopian posted:

The only reason to update stuff is to maintain compatibility or for critical security issues.

I never understand why people keep on accepting that their stable, useful, familiar system can be turned upside down because some random dev decides that today is New UI Day.

Deactivate automatic updates by any means necessary.

I mean, the update for today purported to be for some kind of critical security crap and now my phone is that much shittier, so

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Gotta get the userbase used to the delay so they can fill those ten seconds with ads in-between menus

Don't say this. :(

I'm waiting for the day of a TV that lacks a mute button. I bet there is some kinda patent out there.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
They have been lovely forever, but YouTube ads are so Nazified it's sickening. Better reach for that remote, otherwise you're in for 5 minutes of pure transphobe bullshit.

Just burn it all down imo

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
loving Walmart grocery pick-up. It was fine enough at the edge of the parking lot, but now at most of our local stores the pick-up area is now DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE STORE. So cars come and go and it clogs up the lot, which also makes it way less safe for pedestrians. And it seems to take longer, somehow. God I'm so mad lol. I should be at Burger King and then eating weed edibles, not waiting an extra hour in this hellish corral.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
I looked down and this pop-up appeared on my phone. I don't really know what it means, but I know it's about to make my battery even shittier! Thanks Google :waycool:

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
X-ray is a handy feature in the Prime streaming app, isn't it? You can see all the actors and you don't even have to scroll or nothin'

This is what it looks like now. 50% of usable space occupied by ads lol

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
I've had a problem with YouTube Bluetooth audio being skippy and bad the last 2 days. Over earbuds, specifically .I figured it was some kind of bad network setting. Good to know!

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
This was touched on last week, but I am so loving sick of trying to use the YouTube app on our lovely TCL TV and stream the audio via Bluetooth to the lovely Roku phone app. I don't even know which is the faulty link in this chain of poo poo, I just know it sounds like a robot is trying to gently caress my ear. And I am not here for it. It wasn't like this a month ago. Thanks for reading my rant. Like, comment and subscribe for more hot eats & cool treats.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib

AARD VARKMAN posted:

whoa, just noticed something that got un-shittified: which wich lets you customize subs again like the old days. it looks almost like a complete menu revert

This is just a glitch in the matrix. They changed something. Quick!--go check in the mirror to see if you have any extra organs. Enshittification knows no bounds.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib

JediTalentAgent posted:

Is it just me or do Dollar General stores all get worse and worse looking in almost instantanous short order?

I'm now convinced the reason they build so many is because it's easier than trying to fix up the one half a mile away to not look like a cluttered mess.

The john Oliver from last week about dollar stores was honestly eye opening. Really crazy poo poo, like it is sometimes a constant nightmare warzone in these places.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
I had that happen with one of those cameras once and just filed it away in the "things that did not happen" folder in my head. I think we threw it away in our last move (maybe I hope.)

Out there somewhere is like terabytes of a fat lesbian and a skinny lesbian watching TV nude/fighting on a couch. You gotta put a lens cap on that poo poo, wrap it up kids and none of that Alibaba In the Bedroom :cripes:

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
Lobster Mobster sounds like the ghostiest of ghost kitchens. There's no way that's an actual restaurant. $40 for a cup of bagged soup from Red Lobster imo

edit: wait that's not the restaurant name. But still could be ghost kitchens, some might say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib

Coxswain Balls posted:

smart tvs rock

To be clear, is that preventing the watcher from changing the volume before they watch an ad? This is hell lol