Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender

Outrail posted:

Funders will not pay for core staffing, even if it improves organisational functions and saves money. Funding must be spend on projects and not staff time or overhead costs.

This applies to grants with a focus on improving organisational functions. I had a grant that specified the funding could be used for fundraising, but not for fundraising work, paying for a fundraising position, or anything that would bring in money for the organisation. So basically we could use the money to hire someone to develop a fundraising plan, but not implement it.

I thought the standard response to this was to hire "project" roles and then find the permanent money before the grant is over to rehire them full time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender

wash bucket posted:

Has that feature shown any measurable improvement on real world emissions? Or is it there to give them more fuel efficiency points with government regulators? I’ll shut up about it if it’s helping.

3-12% improvement in MPG, depending on how much stop and go traffic you drive in, shown in repeated tests both professional and by YouTubers.

On a base level, I think you start saving gas as long as the car is stopped for at least 7 seconds, although some say at least 30.

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender
I hate my drat government subscription. They keep bundling all these drat features together that I don't want or need. Like fine, feed kids, but I'm not personally benefitting from my old-rear end legislators getting top flight healthcare and dragging their corpses into the Capitol.