Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Really noticing right now how lovely conversing in Discord is.

If a chatter starts to feel uncomfortable, they start spouting random stuff and try to push the conversation up, because they know people won't scroll up to read.

mazzi Chart Czar fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

credburn posted:

What are you saying? When people get uncomfortable they start spouting random stuff? It sounds like the people are the problem, not Discord :confused:

Unconsciously I guess I'm comparing it to forums. When some guy spazzes out, it's not hard to load up an old page and see what, they were spazzing out about. While in discord, scrolling up and waiting for the conversation to load takes up more time, and it's not really done.

Also in forms it's easier to catch up on what was written while a person was away. Forums are just better at cultivating some sort of history?

mazzi Chart Czar fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 16, 2024

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Wendigee posted:

My local Kroger started this 10 item limit and I had like 15 items.

10 items limit, unless you can HUSTLE. Then you have a 30 item limit .
If you can scan and get out of the line in less than the average time limit, then you get an extra dollar off.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
... Discord has loot boxes now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc2-4ci4G84

Eh?

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

rafikki posted:

Look at the date

With how discord has been going, with all their extra little things to boost and pay for
and getting to use emoticons across other discords;
it feels less like a joke, and more like testing the waters, like the panda bears from WoW.
April fools day is just a cover story for becoming shitter.

Edit: April fools days got shitter too; corporations need to shut the gently caress up.

mazzi Chart Czar fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 1, 2024

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
I don't have a label for what went wrong.
But it feels like something went wrong and lead to the Aesthetics wiki existing?

https://aesthetics.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Aesthetics

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Children need to learn how to type, so they can be part of the poo poo posting army!
The poo poo Posting Industrial complex must continue.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

deep dish peat moss posted:

AI generated articles are a hoot

I don't blame Ai for that. I blame human beings.
A productive article for growing flowers should have bullet points like:
- Test the hardness of the ground,
- the ground should have a ph level of ...
- make sure a certain amount of hours of sun is directly on that area
- etc etc

All the human made articles, where the writers insert time-wasting bits of fake poetics,
that forced the Ai to create that Garbage-Out sentence
"Flowers are like teenager you have to hose them down."

mazzi Chart Czar fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 14, 2024

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Things that got shittier for no good reason: You can no longer find technology reviews in writing, because everyone for no reason started posting video reviews instead. Probably because it's harder to block their ads that way? I'm sure there's some way in which there's money in it, despite production costs being higher than for written text.

https://housefresh.com/david-vs-digital-goliaths/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnA08Wwh9v4

There are too many bad product reviewers that flood google's search engines.
And people pay to have their bad products review well, so the same thing keep popping up.
The reviews are so bad that it doesn't even seem like a person touched the product.

The good product reviewers get squeezed out because it is less profitable to make written reviews.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Time_pants posted:

We somehow survived before everything became a subscription. I think we'll manage.

started thinking about what is something, I would really hate to lose.
Medicine - gently caress that's a subscription
and indoor plumbing

As bad as it might be to find public toilets now-a-days,
Let's make a pact right now that is anybody tries to turn indoor plumbing into a subscription service, they should be drowned in a sewer.

mazzi Chart Czar fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Apr 17, 2024

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Olympic Mathlete posted:

My grandmother for many, many years had a rental CRT TV, it had a coin box on the back and periodically the TV would switch itself off and you'd have to pop a 50 pence piece in the back and twist a handle. As a kid it was actually kinda fun to do. These days though a kid wouldn't even get to twist a handle, the number would just drop off your bank balance.

did she live in the book Ubik?

...oh god drat it. We all live in a Ubik now.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUe0o9VRgMM

listening to rick beato bag on music.
He plays it up for the camera in parts, but yeah the music that is becoming popular now is getting boring.

For years, I have heard people say "I like songs that tell a story."
Those people won. And yeah the songs are kind of interesting ... to read.

mazzi Chart Czar fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 5, 2024

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

doctorfrog posted:

https://text.npr.org/1249047583
Possible TikTok ban could be 'an extinction-level event' for the creator economy

I like influencers because they are killing pop culture.
I don't have to know who they are, and nobody expects me to.
Everybody has their 15 minutes fans.

And if one of them turns out to be a rapist,
it easy for kids to dump them and find another one.

It was always lovely, that so many people are collected around a handful of websites.

An individual person's ability to store and stream a bunch of videos on their own personal website is still not cost effective.
And that's a real bottle neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
after these messages
we'll be riiiiiiight back.