Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tewdrig
Dec 6, 2005

It's good to be the king.
The Wirecutter used to have good reviews, with like, here is what we suggest and why, here is what you give up if you go for the budget option, if that's important to you, and here is what you get with an upgrade pick, but we don't think it's worth it.

Then it got bought by the NY Times and it's like, here are 25 father's day gifts, why you need a peloton, or 9 deals you need right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tewdrig
Dec 6, 2005

Microsoft is trying to push a new Outlook on me that is just their web version called an application with no features for applying rules to sent messages or for dragging and dropping emails out of the UI as if they were files.

Tewdrig
Dec 6, 2005

The web version of Teams used to support custom backgrounds, but now it doesn't and apparently hasn't since December. And Microsoft killed off the Linux native version in favor of the web version.

so now my plan to go back to Linux on my laptop is thwarted because I don't want people to see my kids running through the background.

Tewdrig
Dec 6, 2005

My kid has a phone now and asked for a game to play while on the bus. We put angry birds on there, but it's now a complete mess of ads and ate up 127mb of data the very first bus ride.

Maybe people slow boiled got used to it? But coming back to it from like 2012 or whenever was shocking. I saw someone else said console versions are the only way to play this now, so maybe she needs to take the 3ds instead.

Tewdrig
Dec 6, 2005

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Google Podcasts was a simple streamlined way to subscribe to & listen to podcasts. Axing it in favour of YouTube Music is bullshit.

I've already tried it on YM and it's bloated bullshit, and I can't seem to subscribe yet. But I'm going to muscle through it because I'm already so invested in the Google Workspace.

I switched to Android last year and needed a podcast app, and I'll say I really liked the Google one. But I figured since I was starting over, no reason to get more tied to Google and got AntennaPod from Fdroid. Never looked back.

Worse: Youtube decided I can't see my subscriptions anymore on desktop and nags me every page to allow it to record my watch history. I just want to see the list of my subs and pick which one I want to see what they have done in the last few weeks or whatever. But no, I see a timeline of jumbled mess, not the curated list of channels I want to bookmark and come back to.