Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Seems like business books are just like "be confident" and stuff like that. Any non-junk books to boost productivity (and subsequent dopamine?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Be more like the antagonists in this book

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
:gas: thread ban OP

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
When your boss is out go into their office and urinate on their seat. You've just shown dominance and marked their territory as yours.

Congratulation now you're your own boss!

Actually doing work is for chumps.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

slowly raise your voice throughout the work day. start at a whisper and make sure by the end of the day everyone can hear you yelling on the next floor. if you modulate your volume slow enough they dont even tell you to stop yelling! this is how i got to be roof manager.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Have ChatGPT write scripts to automate half your job and do not tell a single person in your office, op

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

two words: art of the deal

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Do not read anything by Grant Cardone.

Do not watch or listen to anything featuring Grant Cardone.

Grant Cardone sucks poo poo. I could make a whole thread about how his brain poison causes 99% of the problems with salespeople and sales-adjacent businesses today.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
The 48 Laws Of Power is an instruction manual on how to be a manipulative rear end in a top hat.

The 7 habits of highly successful people is 200+ pages of critical thinking advice.

The Phoenix Project is the technobabble bible for middle management.

Think and Grow Rich tells you to leave haters and clout chasers behind & only hang out with cool, high status rich people.

How to Win Friends and Influence People is effecitvely summarized as - 'ask them a question about themselves, and then follow up with another appropriate question'.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

business books are written to help you through the process of shedding your empathy and discarding any thoughts you might have about people other than yourself or those above you. for most people that is not natural and they need help.

but self-study will also work if you are disciplined

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bad Purchase posted:

business books are written to help you through the process of shedding your empathy and discarding any thoughts you might have about people other than yourself or those above you. for most people that is not natural and they need help.

I feel like cocaine might be quicker and cheaper.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Vampire Panties posted:

The 48 Laws Of Power is an instruction manual on how to be a manipulative rear end in a top hat.

The 7 habits of highly successful people is 200+ pages of critical thinking advice.

The Phoenix Project is the technobabble bible for middle management.

Think and Grow Rich tells you to leave haters and clout chasers behind & only hang out with cool, high status rich people.

How to Win Friends and Influence People is effecitvely summarized as - 'ask them a question about themselves, and then follow up with another appropriate question'.

this is very helpful, thank you. can you do the secret and art of the deal too?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

dr_rat posted:

I feel like cocaine might be quicker and cheaper.

Or getting an MBA

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
If you follow the advice in "The 4-Hour Workweek" you will be fired.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

flubber nuts posted:

this is very helpful, thank you. can you do the secret and art of the deal too?

The Secret - think about getting rich all the time. also the universe doesn't understand negative statements such as no, stop, or dont, so if something goes wrong its because you didn't play the correct word game in your head*
Art of the Deal :chaostrump:

Extra Large Marge posted:

If you follow the advice in "The 4-Hour Workweek" you will be fired.

If you follow that dipshits advice in 'The 4 Hour Body" you will get kidney damage. gently caress Tim Ferriss.

*Seriously, the universe doesn't understand No Junk Food or Stop Smoking, so its to you to affirm Only Breathing and Positive Diet or what-the-gently caress-ever

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 17, 2023

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i dont read books i was educated by da streetz

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Virtually none of these books should be longer than like 10-20 pages. They just get blown up to 200+ pages with endless anecdotes and fluff to satisfy publishers. In the instances when they contain anything of non-psychopathic value at all, find and read summaries, or check them out from a library and skim, or watch a YouTube video about them.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

imagine two dads, one rich and one poor

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

imagine four dads on the edge of a cliff. business works the same way.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
business is a flat circle

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The Art of Rich Dads.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

these techniques work surprisingly well for preventing your boss from making terrible decisions on your behalf. it’s like training a dog that can fire you

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Tryna cop the 7 habits of highly effective people and vibe out with Stephen covey

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
It's important to remember that success in business is judged solely on how snazzy your business card is. Like you don't need to work for a business or own a business or do anything. In fact it's actually a negative that will hold you back because if you actually do stuff people will expect things like business name, job title, and contact details on your card which just make you card look busy and ugly.

The two strats for a real successful business card is either

1) See how large you can make your name on it.

2) Forget the name, don't include it at all. Just go all in on a really nice colour.

Anyway hope this helps you succeed at business!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Seems like business books are just like "be confident" and stuff like that. Any non-junk books to boost productivity (and subsequent dopamine?)

The question is: Why did they write a book about becoming a business mogul? Why didn't they just do it?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
How to Win Friends and Influence People is pretty common sense but I found it useful in just laying things out. Really helped me in dealing with manipulating people establishing healthy working relationships with coworkers.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

The question is: Why did they write a book about becoming a business mogul? Why didn't they just do it?

Many such books are written by some of the top moguls OP, or their ghost writers OP.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Many such books are written by some of the top moguls OP, or their ghost writers OP.

Why would they tell you how they did it?

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Why would they tell you how they did it?

Not sure op. Spreading the love much? Why would a deacon want heaven more crowded? What’s first class if the bros can’t sit?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Not sure op. Spreading the love much? Why would a deacon want heaven more crowded? What’s first class if the bros can’t sit?

https://jeffsshortcut.com/shortcut/...7BoCEVsQAvD_BwE
Heres one. be sure to tell us how rich you become quick

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yep, billionaires, famous for their compassion and desire to lift up the common man

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

https://jeffsshortcut.com/shortcut/...7BoCEVsQAvD_BwE
Heres one. be sure to tell us how rich you become quick

Can I get a TLDR of the disclaimer I ain't readin all that tiny text

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Maybe you could try The Book of Five Rings? I hear a lot of business oriented people get a lot out of it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

its free. just click the link

CLICK THE loving LINK!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Smugworth posted:

i believe you can watch one of his short business seminars here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YviYufXRw0g

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Real answers:

Never split the difference: probably the best negotiation/sales book out there, which means that almost half of it is useful

The lean startup: cemented the concept of the minimum viable product. Actually short, only as long as it needs to be. Worth a read

Interpreting Financial statements: what it says on the box. Worth it so that you aren’t clueless when you’re looking at numbers

Honestly that’s probably it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

poisonpill posted:

Real answers:

Never split the difference: probably the best negotiation/sales book out there, which means that almost half of it is useful

The lean startup: cemented the concept of the minimum viable product. Actually short, only as long as it needs to be. Worth a read

Interpreting Financial statements: what it says on the box. Worth it so that you aren’t clueless when you’re looking at numbers

Honestly that’s probably it.

and the you are the CEO of which company?
Bet it is Disney

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Yea, and I am the reason they’ve GONE WOKE

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

and the you are the CEO of which company?
Bet it is Disney

I'm thinking Skype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

poisonpill posted:

Yea, and I am the reason they’ve GONE WOKE

Good for you. Including people is a great way to make more money