Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

I had 40 hours in the demo and the full release is even better, god this game rules. Having a lot of fun unlocking the new decks and seeing the new jokers and synergies. Had a fantastic run with a bunch of 2x/3x mult jokers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

Wooper posted:

Had a ridiculous build playing flush five of a kind Kings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqxSRicCZ70

Extraordinary stuff.

Also a tip for new players, you can turn up the speed of cards in the settings, it's a nice feature once you're bored of seeing everything tick slowly.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

Skipped to get a polychrome joker, it turns out to be Vampire (consumes enhancements to get xmultiplier) which would be great if I didn't have an eternal Driver's License (x3 if you have at least 16 enhanced cards). Not sure if I should still take it, like its clearly a lot stronger than the license and works with my current deck but it would effectively be taking 2 slots.

(Balatro: Vampire would be great but I have an Eternal Driver's License)

One of my best runs was Vampire paired with Midas Mask (turns face cards into gold cars), basically was adding to the Vampire mult every single turn, was somewhere around 12x by the end of my run. Extremely fun

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

I had Oops! All 6s on my last run, making Wheel of Fortune 50% likely to hit. Not a single one hit after that, probably a dozen. Lol

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

Did not expect this to be the combination that got me through gold stakes, but hey I'll take it!

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

the holy poopacy posted:

Burglar gives you +3 hands after the needle sets you to 1.

EDIT: This interaction is not at all transparent, granted, since the needle's description is "You can only play 1 hand" and not "Your hands are reduced to 1."

It was very bizarre and confusing when I got needle on my gold stakes with Burglar run last night. I really thought something broke in the game

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

For the first time in like 60 hours between demo and release, I exhausted my deck in a round. Had no idea that's an instant game over, never even considered it and blindly thought the deck reshuffles. Huh.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

What did your hand size end up being? I wonder if you stack too many Stuntmen you just end up with 0 hand size and auto-lose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

After like two weeks of trying, finally broke 100,000,000 to unlock Stuntman, which I somehow had never done yet. Beautiful build, Constellation at 4.5x, Steel at 2.5x, Observatory voucher, and a bunch of steel cards with red seals. Now to go back to challenge runs and gold stakesing everything.