Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Lol FrostPrime on Twitch today was in a friendly belatro tournament. First game out of the gate he got to e39 when time ran out. The run itself died shortly after but still, what a crazy game. He even managed to pivot from a diamonds to hearts flush deck along the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
For some reason I always miss warning messages that Belatro is sending me (this hand won't score in a boss blind, selling now is dumb, etc). I get so focused on picking my cards and slamming play/discard I fail to look at any other part of the screen I guess.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

smoobles posted:

All I want is to get Blueprint and DNA in the same game

I actually got that the other day but then completely failed to find anything to give me a card worth duping

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
lol I just had a run where I got baseball guy and then found like 3 rare jokers, which I guess don't count as uncommon. Probably should have traded out baseball guy at some point but it was polychrome as well so it was tough to do. I think I found one uncommon joker. Also had one giving some good mult for having steel cards, one that was giving me tarot cards every time I played a hand with less than $5 and another one that added mult any time I added a card to the deck. The card adding joker wasn't levelling as fast as he should have because I kept not finding card packs, the game was just giving me planet/tarot packs. I think I lost when I needed a score of around 10M. So maybe level 9 or 10?

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Lucked out and got a royal flush that I could discard in the first blind to unlock a joker. Shockingly I was actually able to pull together and still beat the blind anyway and continue the game. Interested to see the interactions between that joker and blueprint

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Tea Party Crasher posted:

I say this as somebody who really overlooked tarot cards when I first started playing and was just fishing for the most synergistic Jokers every game. It's cool when synergies happen and a big part of getting far, but often you really have to Make your own luck

Yeah I had a run recently where my jokers were pretty trash but I ended up finding so many tarot cards that my deck was mega buffed. + chips and mult all over the place really carried me through

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Does it trigger on flush 5 or 5 of a kind I wonder? I'm guessing not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

MJeff posted:

Does anybody else think Gros Michel feels absolutely terrible now? It just never fucks off, now.

I had a run yesterday where it died 1 round after I got it. I had another a couple of days ago where it lasted almost the whole run. In summary RNG is a land of bananas