Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Picked up this game yesterday and been playing an unreasonable amount. Had a thrilling first victory for the one deck that has no face cards, I had nuked a quarter of the deck and went all in on straights, and was easily clearing the last two antes with just one hand. Then I happened to go up against the violet final boss for the first time ever.

I got to the point where I had basically no cards left in the deck and had to draw my only remaining 7 to even have a chance of winning. I drew it and won by less than 2,000 points :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I've been playing for 80 hours and just cleared my last deck on green stake (painted deck, that lack of a joker slot is tough if you don't roll good jokers). Very close to completing the collection too but some jokers that I know I've unlocked refuse to ever show up, as well as the upgraded vouchers. I'm sure it'll happen eventually though.

It is funny reading the thread about the difficulty in getting the $400 achievement, when that was the first one I got after winning the game for the first time. I had the rocket since near the beginning and the To the Moon joker, on top of the boot that gives mult for money so that comfortably got me into endless. Still took me until yesterday to finally get a 100M hand/reach ante 12 though....

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
An ace gives 11 chips, which is prime. QED

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
It took several hours and dozens of false starts but I beat the Golden Needle! Kind of funny that the end boss scrambled Acrobat before the other mult cards and I still won handily. Not shown was the deck which was nearly half face cards with like 11 Jacks.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Got the other two final challenges done, took me not even an hour. Cruelty was helped by two solid negative jokers, which having brought me to 5 total kinda felt like cheating. With Jokerless I was able to convert the deck into hearts very quickly, and got a nice blue seal that let me get flushes up to level 20 or something. Now to keep going for stakes :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I'm not ashamed to admit I repeatedly refreshed the erratic deck to get the jack and 7♣ jokers unlocked.