Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

LifeLynx posted:

I would also like to see a bonus for beating them by a certain amount, if that can be balanced.

I'd also like to see this. They could do it with an exponential requirement so you don't get too much extra (which they';d have to balance around). For example, getting 2x the blind would get $1, 4x is $2, 8x is $3, etc. That way even if you get 10x the amount needed, it's not even enough for a single joker. But it's still a nice bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

No Wave posted:

I don't think this works with the game design. There's a crazy amount of shop 1/stage 1 variance and this would exacerbate it. That said I just play anaglyph and ignore econ and recoup it all by giga skipping a blind so maybe trading all your econ for power is just how people want to play.

You're probably right, it just feels like waste when I destroy the goal amount and get nothing for it. :mad:

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN
Time to shelve this til it actually releases. I’ve been playing way too much, and don’t want to burn out.

Side note that the Fish blind suuucks. If you’re not at the point where you can clear it in a single hand, it’s 90% luck whether you win.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

faantastic posted:

Spectral packs rule because I buy them thinking of the possibilities and promptly gently caress up whatever my deck was because I am greedy and have no foresight.

Heads up that if you get a spectral pack, and all of the options are crippling to your current build, you can skip picking anything. Kind of a waste of money but better than killing your run.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

Einwand posted:

I don't really like Plasma deck, all you can do is stack chips from jokers, or xmult. On a normal run there's a lot of combinations of things that can wind up working, while plasma is solely concerned with stacking raw chips which is hard due to how few jokers actually do that, or xmult which is also generally fairly limited/non compatible with eachother.

Yeah, but when it works well it works REALLY REALLY well

Though who knows, maybe a regular deck would have been just as good. Triboulet is pretty awesome.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

Onmi posted:

Oh. Oh I see.

:drat:

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

Desdinova posted:

Near the timestamp (definitely watch at 1.5 speed) he moves the jokers around (in this case blueprint) while scoring to retrigger - thought this was debunked in the thread but here's video evidence.

I watched this the other day so I might be remembering it wrong, but the changes aren't to the scoring. His move only takes effect between scoring and calculating the additional money collected. So when it start scoring it "locks" the joker order for that purpose, but reads the new order when calculating funds. Unless I read that completely wrong while I was watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

Sit on my Jace posted:

Is there a full list anywhere of which Jokers aren't compatible with Brainstorm/Blueprint?

I would love to see a new feature where selecting the blueprint (like you were going to buy/sell it) would give some kind of indicator on the Jokers you have that are compatible. It would mean less guesswork when buying a Blueprint whether or not it's worthwhile. Well, it's almost always worth it, but might not be as worth it as you think.