Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

PostNouveau posted:

I believe the stone enhancement does not wipe out the rank and suit of the card underneath it, because I swear I've had vampire take the stone off a card to reveal a normal card underneath.

The card underneath still scores but doesn’t change the hand which is funny. A 2 and two stone 2s played with vampire gives you a High Card hand consisting of three scored 2s for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Beat Ante 14 for the first time ever with Blueprint/Brainstorm/Hologram/Burned/DNA. Got high card leveled up to the 90s with a deck that contained 80+ Red tag/holo/Steel aces.

Deck was already producing e numbers at the end of ante 8, feels like I could have gone a lot further if I transitioned from upgrading high card to upgrading flush 5 with Burned around then. I have a lot of trouble swapping hands, feels wrong to give up dozens of levels on a hand in the hope your new hand will outscale it 6 rounds from now assuming you survive till then with your 'primary' hand no longer scaling up.

e: Thinking about it would flush 5 even be better than just holding 4 extra red tag/steel cards in hand? Game rules.

uPen fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 22, 2024

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
The more I play higher stakes the more I really like foil/holo at the first skip. I’d obviously prefer a free shop, but near guaranteed 10 mult/50 chips lets you build up some cash and get a run going instead of resetting constantly for a good shop in ante 1.

At the very least I’m getting way more runs past ante 4 and having fun instead of fishing for good shops.

E: what this dude said

Kuros posted:

At higher stakes, I'd say if you want a better chance of winning, reroll until you can skip for one of the following tags:

Holographic
Coupon
Foil
Investment (Depending on your luck)

+10 mult or +50 chips can really help in the first blind or two which can get you going. Free items in the shop helps as does $15 if you can beat the boss with no/minimal jokers.

If Top-Up or Mega Buffoon were available Ante 1 I'd also suggest those.

uPen fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 29, 2024

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Tea Party Crasher posted:

I hate Jokers that can reset like obelisk and ride the bus, not because they aren't good cards- they are, but because I'm stupid and it only takes one second for me to make a stupid mistake and undo +30 mult

It would be nice if the joker started bouncing when you select a card that would cause a negative effect.