Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

skaboomizzy posted:

Finally cleared a run. Yellow deck to buy more jokers early was the key.

That was my first win as well. Keeping a consistent amount of money coming in is crucial and yellow deck jumps you ahead of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Any good tips for doing each of the challenges? I have a white chip on each deck I've unlocked, at it seems like I should be working on the challenges now.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Whistling rear end in a top hat posted:

really struggling on blue stake :smithicide:

i've breezed through all other stakes & decks so far without needing to reroll or do more than 1-2 attempts, but on blue I'm constantly rerolling & crashing out on ante 7-8. help

Yeah, I'm stymied on blue as well. It doesn't seem terribly significant but that one missing reroll causes tons of problems.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
How rare are the Soul cards in an Arcana pack? I feel like I've only seen it twice and most recently the legendary joker I got was Triboulet...while playing checkered deck.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Huzzah, finally cleared purple on the abandoned deck. Dracula and holographic joker with the seal of authenticity and Fibonachi finally clicked!

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Tarezax posted:

I've reset multiple runs because I forgot to put the cards in the proper order for the Death tarot card

I always do a double check but I'm not convinced a mod that reversed it would even help

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

King Vidiot posted:

Hanging Chad is truly a Chad now, on this run I'm using it to beef up Wee Joker by 24 chips every time I score a 2.

Yesterday's run I got Sock & Buskin, Photograph and two Blueprints and was racking up mults into the stratosphere. Buskin' makes me feel good.

I love hanging chad, it doesn't take much to synergize with it and since you can play a hand in any order you want it's very flexible

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Malloc Voidstar posted:

it also costs $4 now, down from $5

Square joker with the one that lets you play flush and straight hands with just 4 seems like free chips

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Why do some screenshots have that gross blue club?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
What does new discoveries refer to in the after action report?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

El Jeffe posted:

Number of cards you got for the first time in that run.

Like a standard card with a unique combination of modifications would count for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Relyssa posted:

I believe it's jokers/vouchers/tarots/spectrals/planets/modifiers, any that you haven't grabbed before

standard cards don't count

Interesting, I have over 100 hours but get multiple new discoveries each game. I feel like I would notice if I got new stuff, like the jokers say not discovered if you unlocked them but haven't used them yet.

I don't think I'm grabbing stuff I've never grabbed before but I guess I must be