Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
i can't believe someone released digital heroin on the steam store and called it ball latte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

important tip: there's a joker unlock tied to starting, suspending, and then continuing a run later, if (like me) you're the sort of person who plays runs all in one sitting

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

Won't you get that the first time you log out? As far as I can tell the game won't let you go to main menu from the game over screen, and you actually have to start a new game.

you get it for clicking this button

President Ark
May 16, 2010

holy poo poo. riff-raff (the joker that gives 2 common jokers every blind) can give you negative jokers

President Ark
May 16, 2010

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/1762286572781662708

President Ark
May 16, 2010

barnold posted:

you keep whatever your current built multiplier is but if it has no jokers to destroy you don't get the +0.5X. it worked for the next two rounds but I didn't have enough juice to keep the chips piling in

nah madness doesn't care if it eats stuff. note that the way madness is worded it gains the multiplier *before* it tries to destroy anything

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Color Printer posted:

Has anyone seen Black Hole or The Soul twice in one run? Cause it looks like the game prevents that happening.

Also it looks like they have a .3% chance of showing up in planet or tarot packs, respectively

i've gotten black hole multiple times in a run where i was boosting constellation by snap buying every planet pack i saw

President Ark
May 16, 2010

yeah, you never start the game planning to pick up obelisk, it's purely something you pivot into if you were abusing a specific joker combo to win early hands with a specific hand type but it'd get outscaled late game

President Ark
May 16, 2010

President Ark
May 16, 2010

sirtommygunn posted:

my cavendish went extinct after 2 loving blinds are you kidding me

lmao

President Ark
May 16, 2010

abandoned deck is secretly incredibly powerful because making your deck give you certain cards more consistently is a very subtle but incredibly strong improvement for it and abandoned already starts off at -12

it's like the checkered deck for non-flush builds

President Ark
May 16, 2010

the holy poopacy posted:

I didn't think anaglyph was that bad to complete gold stake with. It's definitely not as reliable as checkered/abandoned/erratic but the highrolls are high enough that it averages out to pretty decent IMO.

i found it easiest to climb with Abandoned and Erratic

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

What is a good deck and strategy to get past $400? I think it's kind of hit-or-miss if you'll get the Jokers that help with money like Roclet/Gold Mask etc.

get two money jokers asap to start building money. other three jokers are normal score jokers.

that's not where your money is, though. fish for vouchers and try and get the ones that raise the interest cap. if you get the second level one, it's 20$ every round that you put in literally no effort for, which is more than pretty much any money joker except maybe cloud 9 or the uncommon dollar-per-diamond-suit joker. if you get the joker that doubles interest, it's 40$ a round, which is just absurd.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

https://twitter.com/vapathyv/status/1779189569029558297

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

95% of the time the best thing to copy with perkeo is either Temperance, Hanged Man, Death, or a planet card

temperance with a legendary joker in your hand is pretty much always going to give like 24 dollars
hanged man lets you cut everything that isn't directly to your gameplan which means after doing it for a few antes you'll be drawing perfect hands every time
death helps that, plus it lets you copy seals and enhancements
planets is obvious, but unless you have that one voucher this should be one of the last things you do (or only do if you have nothing better yet) because it's the least impactful

also if you get blueprint or brainstorm you can both copy perkeo's effect to get more copies of whatever card, and then move your jokers so something else gets copied

President Ark fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 26, 2024