Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

bought the game before the 10% went into effect and I don't even give a gently caress lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You can sell jokers during a round, fyi. It won't feel good though.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

apophenium posted:

Anyone figured out what it means to get a gold sticker on a joker? One of the achievements requires getting a gold sticker on every joker.

beat the gold stake (difficulty) with that joker

I assume gold stake is the highest one

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Out of the basic color decks, the green one owns. Make a bunch of money and spend it all, forever

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

that feeling when misprint farts out +0 Mult on the last hand and you just barely lose :smith:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

modding my computer to give me an electric shock every time i'm about to play less than 5 cards against the psychic

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

the day this comes out on phones is the day I get fired at work

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

getting the arm early is actually so unfun compared to anything else in this game it's amazing

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Color Printer posted:

getting the arm early is actually so unfun compared to anything else in this game it's amazing

okay actually i just really loving hate the arm in general lmfao

unless you actually have a bunch of hands boosted, or your central hand boosted really high, if you can't beat it in a single hand you may as well just hit New Run

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Blueprint not being able to copy the hand size +1 joker is super lame

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Yeah, you can throw stone cards into any hand provided it's less than five cards. You can't, for example, do four diamonds and a stone for a flush, since a stone card is not a diamond card. Unless of course, you have Four Fingers.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What’s the use of the joker that turns face cards gold when played? Or does it need to be worked into a gold deck run

money

It also synergies with cards like Vampire (turns them back into regular cards for multiplier-multiplier, which can be turned back into gold, etc.) or the joker that makes all cards count as face cards (for more money). And probably even more that I'm forgetting

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

TwoStepBoog posted:

The wheel of fortune is not happy with me--that's okay, I'll still keep buying that garbage.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Do note that if you play less than five cards against the psychic, your hand is completely and totally disregarded, even if it was one card just to trigger DNA.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

WarEternal posted:

Meanwhile, I don't even understand what decks the psychic is supposed to be difficult for and I play 5 cards at a time for the majority of hands.

The only thing that comes to mind is the joker that gives mult if you play 3 or less cards

edit: I guess if you have a ton of steel cards

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I love getting negative to hit on a Joker I'd really like to keep around but not if it's gonna take up space, it is the greatest feeling

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I should have known discarding debuffed face cards wouldn't work for faceless joker (get $5 for discarding at least three face cards at once)

and yet

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Trying to unlock the last decks and I'm wondering if there's an easier deck to do the stake climb with than green

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

apophenium posted:

Has the dev mentioned anything about adding daily runs with a leaderboard and whatnot? I always enjoyed those in Binding of Isaac.

The store page mentions dailies, so it's either something coming soon or something that got cut and they forgot to remove it. I hope it's the former

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

do not ever think "i can probably easily get to 100,000 chips with this deck" going into ante 8. the game will read your mind and give you violet vessel

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Love that my winning ghost deck run involved selling the free hex card because my first joker was a negative abstract joker and you're out of your loving mind if i'm losing that

good thing too cause I ended up having nine jokers by the end of the run lmfao

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

hail knife

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

The latest patch just changed the wording on the joker tags, they now say stuff like "Next base edition shop Joker becomes Foil". Much clearer now

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Billy Gnosis posted:

Thank god it nerfed arm (can't go below lvl 1)

Quantum of Phallus posted:

thank gently caress lol

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

How do wild cards interact with that one joker that wants you to hold onto only spades and clubs (blackboard I think)?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I'm having a frustrating run of bad luck with the painted deck and most if it doesn't even have to do with having one less joker slot, the game's just not giving me anything lmao

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Color Printer posted:

I'm having a frustrating run of bad luck with the painted deck and most if it doesn't even have to do with having one less joker slot, the game's just not giving me anything lmao

the answer was, of course, to complain on the internet

not pictured: the foil photograph i had to sell for leaf

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You know, I might be able to win yellow deck black stake with some of these builds i've been making if the game offered me a single multiplier-multiplier or polychrome tag. That would really be nice

edit: oh NOW you offer me the x4 four-of-a-kind joker when the last run i was slamming down four fours whenever i could

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Feb 25, 2024

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

hey......if you bought the reroll boss voucher and you have the money.....don't forget about it and then fail to reroll the exact boss that kills your entire run......

it was actually the psychic because it killed the "play 3 or less cards for +20 mult" which was critically important lmao

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Pro tip for any newbies unaware: just like you can re-arrange your jokers to affect ordering, you can also do that with the cards in your hand before you play them. If you have cards that give multiplier thanks to your jokers (or holographic, mult enhance, etc.) you should make sure glass and polychrome cards (as well as any other card that will cause a multiplier-multiplier effect) are at the end on the right!

Order of operations is the scored cards (each triggering any relevant jokers left-to-right), then the cards left in your hand (each triggering any relevant jokers, etc.), then your general hand-related jokers, each left-to-right. (There are some exceptions or things that don't work the way you think they would, like Raised Fist.)

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 25, 2024

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

just had the most butt-clenching cerulean bell round to get a blue stake clear

literally thought to myself "I have lost" before I clicked the button

I had not

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I'm fairly sure I've also used a regular hex from a pack to polychrome one joker so I'm not sure what's going on there

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You need another card there, either K, Q, 8, 6, or 5

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

The description of Shortcut has the example 2 3 5 7 8

I'm actually wondering if it was different in the demo or if none of us, me included, can read

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I love getting Yorick in blue stake or higher. Yeah I'll definitely be able to discard that many times before I lose/win. The Water as a boss too? Oh, you shouldn't have, thank you

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

A debuffed wild card is no longer wild so that flush you just tried to play is now a high card. Please do not make the mistakes i've made

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

No Wave posted:

I was curious about the vampire interaction here. If I play 4 diamonds and a stone card I know is a diamond will vampire turn my high card into a flush?

So de-stoned cards will be scored even if they don't match but the hand played type won't change

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 26, 2024

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

barnold posted:

did one of the recent updates remove the ability for negative joker tags to show up in Ante 1? I used to be able to get the negative joker tag right off the start if I started a new run enough times, but now it will not get pulled at all until later antes

I'm not sure when it was changed but negative tags do not show up in ante 1, yes.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

So jokers that can delete themselves (either on random chance like Gros Michel or over time like Popcorn), are designed to be sold (Diet Cola, Invisible Joker), are render themselves useless after a specific point (Mr. Bones) cannot be eternal. There are two major exceptions: Egg and, amusingly enough, Luchador.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Since end bosses also show up on Ante 16 (and other multiples of 8), I imagine one would show up agai

EDIT: oh wait, it doesn't change the boss. I don't think it would then.

But wait, what if you take it at ante 8 then