Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Aces can be low, I did a A2345 entirely out of curiosity. They still give ten chips, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jossar posted:

They don't count towards poker hand status because they have no suit or number, so if you were trying to set up a flush and only had 4 clubs and a Stone Card, then you're screwed.
as a corollary, if you have Four Fingers or whatever that joker's called that lets you make straights/flushes with 4 cards rather than 5, Stone Cards get a shitload better

(I completely avoid them if that is not already the case, I don't want to hunt for a specific joker just to make this godawful curse playable)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cavauro posted:

tell them to put the demo back up until there is a release date. this is important
strongly agree I want to Play More Balatro

hell put the demo back up but only if you prepurchase the game at full price idgaf

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Popete posted:

10 days until GOTY 2024 releases
and the dev still won't let me throw money at them now even though I'm okay waiting to play until then!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I just want to see lots of Spectral packs every single run. not even because of the power boost. they're just fun.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

MJeff posted:

How the.

The planet card doesn't even show up until you play one! How did you do this?!
my best guess is play one, have some Double Tags floating and find an Orbital Tag buffing it

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
seconding "how the hell are people beating Jokerless?" but also Golden Needle. Just no clue what to do on those beyond "get really, really lucky with glass cards"

and like I just finished grinding gold stakes so I'm at least not awful at this game right :shobon:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DACK FAYDEN posted:

seconding "how the hell are people beating Jokerless?" but also Golden Needle. Just no clue what to do on those beyond "get really, really lucky with glass cards"

and like I just finished grinding gold stakes so I'm at least not awful at this game right :shobon:
trip report: eat poo poo, golden needle

"live by the stuntman, die by the stuntman" pays off again. final hand did 219k or something and could even have been better if CH hit Cavendish/Hologram (since Acrobat's an uncommon, and Hologram is at x2 x1.5 there which is the same as x3) but I'm just glad my first actual run didn't get ranched by the final boss (didn't have a reroll voucher nor would I have rerolled if I did because VV's a run ender)

mvp looks like the stuntman being holographic to get me an extra joker slot, but it was really the Delayed Gratification I had for antes 2-7, that thing is insane when it poops out $14 per blind

edit: oh yeah, stupid question that I swear is not a humblebrag: I beat every deck on Gold Stake but I can't get the steam achievement to pop. Is there some specific way to trigger that, or to make the game recheck for it or something?

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Mar 25, 2024

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

pisshead posted:

I read somewhere that High Card is a good hand to boost, but when I try it it doesn't give any chips because I don't have the joker that makes all the other cards count. Is there a way around this? I just had a run with the joker that makes clubs/spades and hearts/diamonds count the same, and levelled up flush, but still couldn't get past ante 3 because I couldn't get the scores up without any X-mult jokers dropping. No idea how I'm supposed to win at this game.
Jokers that give raw chips would be a good option there - Square Joker, Blue Joker, even Scary Face will give 30 which is the same as using a Bonus Card from the Hierophant - but in general I don't tend to build high card because something like Pair is almost as easy to make and gives you twice as many scoring cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Elman posted:

Not necessarily, I posted my run earlier. I didn't really have many of those but I beat it thanks to flushes and Telescope. I definitely got lucky though. You'll need a bunch of reloads but it's not much worse than gold stakes.
20/20 challenges done, thank you so much for this! Flushes got me there... with, you know, twenty or so failed runs, and twenty or so broken glass cards along the way (actually, only 12. ended with 44 in deck so that's 8, plus I bought four cards from standard packs so that's four more.)