Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

This run is so blessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I have hit Orange chip difficulty and you truly need an amazing start to get past the blind ramping from the purple chip, going down to 2 discards is brutal

I got through purple with a strong start with Fibonacci and an extremely early Constellation. A lucky Negative Stencil made the dream work. Two Pair was around level 24 when the run died in Ante 11

Also, if people are wondering what the Blank voucher unlocks after buying it 10 times

Onmi fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 23, 2024

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

And that is the last deck unlocked!

Gold chip difficulty drops another hand and I am not sure if I have the energy to try to align the stars for it. Or if there's a point. Back in the closed beta new game ++ would start you with 6/7 joker slots to make up for the difficulty. But it's felt exhausting climbing to gold.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

barnold posted:

gold chip drops 1 card from your hand size, not 1 whole playable hand. but yeah given the time it took to clear orange, I'm not feeling super jazzed up to go right back into it for gold lol. maybe I'll level up some of these other decks I haven't played

Yup, misread it out of tiredness but man

We're kinda miserable at this point. Shaping your hand with 7 cards and 2 discards is... awful. Juggler's really just shot up in stock but that's suffering because you really need early power.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

And that is the Blue deck completely conquered. Holy gently caress what an exhausting push. I do wish the NG+ stuff was still in where you'd get an extra joker slot for each added difficulty (think I said that before)

I think I'll try the Plasma deck... I also don't think I'll ever play off of White Stake again unless I have to, that was harrowing.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

FPyat posted:

Fill us in on what the erratic deck's like.

The Erratic deck is the pure chaos deck, Did you wind up getting 40 4's and a smattering of random numbers? did you get way too many hearts? It's the "I want to play something completely random." deck, always a new experience but no real 'benefit'

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Some erratic deck pictures

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I have 3 jokers left to get, the ???? one, the 5 Glass cards one and the 400 dollar one. The last one is the Satelite Joker (It gives 2 dollars for each different Planet card you've used), the Glass one gains xMult for each Glass card you've broken. I do not know what the final hidden Joker is.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Jossar posted:

Are you sure it's not a Legendary you just haven't gotten around to yet?

Vampire run to get back into the swing of things this morning and unlock Green Stakes on Blue Deck. People have been taking about how busted Vampire can be with Midas, but even without it and acquired halfway through the run it'll still wreck the regular Antes. The 100 mil hand still feels far away though.

You are correct it was Canio

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

This was one of the most awkward ones. Also it's down to $1 per unique planet so a maximum of $12 a blind. So last one for me is the Glass Joker!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Infinitum posted:

How does Mr Bones work?

Once the blind ends if you would die, you do not and move on to the next blind.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I feel like this is still counting my demo stats for the Jokers, just for how MUCH of a lead Spare pants has.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So fun thing about the -1 Ante vouchers they uh... originally had no downside attached. They just took the Ante back 1 or 2 with the second voucher. Now they make you lose a hand/discard respectively. That said on higher difficulties you may need to use the vouchers just to give you more time. I think another thing to consider is a redone ante is 2 more tags you can pick up, 2 more stores, and 2 more chances to ramp. At purple and above you may want that just to handle the increased scaling.

Billy Gnosis posted:

Am I weird for consistently forgetting that aces aren't face cards?

Another fun fact, Ace cards used to not only give exactly the same chips as Face cards, they also weren't considered "Odd" cards for the cases of cards that care about the numerics of existing cards. Closed Beta Balatro was a hilarious wild west. One deck from the old beta that has not returned was the Platinum deck, which let you start with a Joker.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

roffles posted:

Is there some special unlock condition for 'negative' jokers in the shop? I almost never come across them in my runs and not sure if it's just cause they are meant to be super rare or if I'm missing something.

Nope, just random chance.

Also, hilarious erratic roll.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

It must be burned into the game's code.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Man, I just CANNOT crack Ante 12.

Does anyone have the Joker next to Golden? It's the only one I don't have collected.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I have cracked the billion-point barrier

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

And immediately surpassed it, I can feel it in my bones. THIS IS THE RUN!

The billions...

THE BILLIONS!

POINTS FOR THE POINT GOD!

Onmi fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 25, 2024

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I have broken the ??? barrier? I don't know what number that is!

EDIT

The run finally died on Ante 14, the seed is H1VSVW7D with the Erratic Deck. If you want to toy with optimizing it yourself. I certainly didn't do things the smartest things in the run.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 25, 2024

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

I give up. I have had zero success with the black deck. I can win with literally every other deck but black. Someone please tell me what I’m doing wrong :(

That's going to require a lot more looking at your playstyle. What you're doing.

One thing to consider is because you have one less hand, you need to have a decent scoring joker very early on

I was able to ride Gros Michel until Ante 2, where I have Ride the Bus which is a wonderful scaling joker. However, because you're 1 hand less than normal, you'll be 1 hand slower on scaling. Now, the fact that immediately after this round Gros went extinct, revealing Cavendish with foil? That's just proof I'm God's Strongest Gambler. The important thing is that you want a joker to carry Ante 1-3, and otherwise, good econ. From there, it's the same as any deck.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Feb 25, 2024

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

man some of these unlocks are real specific

Worse, the joker it unlocks, Seeing Double, used to ONLY work when playing 7 of clubs, they, thankfully, buffed it for the full release.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I'm having some dumbass runs

Onmi fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 25, 2024

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Number go UP!

I just need to duplicate this 4 times and then if I can get tourmaline the run is HERE!

Edit: the run was not here

Onmi fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Feb 26, 2024

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

DalaranJ posted:

Which deck do you recommend for climbing stakes?

I used Blue, but I think Yellow for the money is also a good deck, your starting econ is one of the most vital things, and having a headstart can be very useful

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I knew I remembered Wee Joker being stronger. look how they massacred my boy.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

This run is getting silly with the Polychrome

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Finally grabbed that final, elusive voucher. Also, as usual, I'm on some stupid bullshit. getting $40 of interest every round.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

It's interesting to see how some jokers completely flounder outside of the limited area that was the demo. Consider the Fortune Teller and Vagabond combo. When the Vagabond was 4 dollars and with the demo's scaling, that was a really potent combo. Now, in the full game with all the options, it's really not great.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Fun fact with Four Fingers people may not know. You can turn any normal straight into a Straight Flush so long as 3 of the cards involved in the straight are the right suit. Simply add a card of the correct suit to a 5 card hand and even though say, Ace, 2, 3 of clubs and 4 of Hearts is not a flush, adding the 8 of clubs turns it into one.

Here is a visual demonstration

By the way this also works for Flush Houses and Flush Fives.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 27, 2024

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

What a fuckin' start. Don't gently caress this up me!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I didn't gently caress it up, I'm hoping this one can go deep, but it's not really transitioned well into an end game build.

EDIT: Sadly, yeah, not far at all, still this is the seed if anyone wants to have fun with a turn 1 Yorick HS8Q4AXV

Onmi fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 28, 2024

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Elman posted:

By the way, this doesn't work.

Don't ask how I found out.

Yeah, that's only 'played' face cards. You need Mime to combo with Baron.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I continue to have extremely dumb Balatro runs.

drat we got close to some REAL DUMB BULLSHIT

Onmi fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 29, 2024

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If I could just a red seal on these the plan would be coming together beautifully.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Every fuckin' time...

EVERY loving TIME!

Onmi fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 2, 2024

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I think this is the biggest I've gotten my wee joker's so far. I just need more steels for better multiplier and some actual enhancements on the 2's

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Harold Fjord posted:

:staredog:

Well I guess when it's [b]that[/b many chips it's probably as good as multiplier.

Surprisingly, not as much as you think. You want the two numbers to be relatively close for maximized gains.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Oh. Oh I see.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Where it ended:

Triple Caino, Mime, Baron, Brainstorm. I don't know if the position I had it in with Mime on the Far Left generated the most points.

MG5PIDVI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

GET POWER