Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
It's even better than before folks, I can't wait to give them my money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
I liked anaglyph more than the magic deck, felt very high risk/high reward and it felt like I got some runs that would've really snowballed without the demo limits.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
The price honestly feels a little low given how many hours I've gotten out of even just the playtest/demos, though I'm certainly not complaining (except about how I can't play the full game yet)

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

faantastic posted:

Has anyone tried it on deck? I'm going in vacation in a few days and not sure if I should get it on switch or PC/deck.

I've got a win streak going running nothin but two pair planet stacking. All three started decks give you so many ways to stack it up. I won against fish first hand blind. Seems a bit OP.

I've played on Deck this whole time, works perfectly. Can't wait for tomorrow!

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Amorphous Abode posted:

Is there no tutorial in the full version?

It put me through a tutorial in the full version at least.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
This game is so goddamn good y'all

Also, while I personally enjoy the gradual unlocks, I really appreciate that they have a button to just unlock everything if you want. I'm tempted to use one of the apt profiles for that and completely lose my mind with broken combos, I'll probably see what I can do with regular gameplay in the next few days though.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
I just realized that this game actually reminds me more of The Binding of Isaac than a lot of other comparisons, for its willingness to let you make ridiculously OP builds that way too few of these really embrace. Just had my first really broken run where I had a baseline of $500k per hand with a high card due to how many multipliers I had.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What’s the use of the joker that turns face cards gold when played? Or does it need to be worked into a gold deck run

I had a solid combo going with that, pareidolia to make all cards face cards, and the vampire card that unenchants cards you play and adds 0.2x every time.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
I can't manage to climb the stakes with anything but the checkerboard deck, I gotta learn how else I can get consistency going. It's definitely the easiest deck in the game and it's not just me, yeah?

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

junan_paalla posted:

I still think the game would benefit from representing the different decks with marketable little guys you can root for, and the blinds with bad guys I can get mad at for tanking my run, but that might just be me.

I dunno, I've already built up a healthy hatred for the lil glyph for the arm :v:

Also I just unlocked the plasma deck and :stwoon:

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

Hey, are Aces low in this game? Has anyone made a Straight with A2345? I haven't yet. Like in real hold 'em mixed straights don't work so you can't do KQA23 for example.

Aces can be either high or low, you just can't do both at once.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Pipski posted:

God loving drat it, I wish The Eye would keep a list of what hand types you've already used against it. Absolutely hosed myself at the end of a glorious run, then, by getting mixed up wrt my prior hands. Livid.

I do appreciate that you can drag the Eye around the screen for some reason though.

What platform are you playing on? The Steam version pops up text that your current hand won't score for Eye/Psychic etc if it doesn't meet the conditions, which is great because I would forget otherwise every single time.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Just unlocked the speedrunner achievement! Had a Plasma deck with the smeared joker, the card that gives a 1 in 3 chance of hearts doubling the multi, the dice card that doubled that to 2 in 3, and the blueprint card that let that chance proc again. Was getting about a million per hand when I deigned to actually play a round, hah.

What a game! Very glad to see the dev's success :)

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

President Ark posted:

holy poo poo. riff-raff (the joker that gives 2 common jokers every blind) can give you negative jokers

!!!!!!!!

The purple stake is absolutely demolishing me, not sure how much is bad luck and how much is bad habits from lower stakes catching up with me.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
^^ also if it triggers on the ante 8 boss you get the win regardless, it got me the win on one of the higher stakes.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Just beat the orange stake and unlocked the erratic deck with the checkered deck! I'm gonna go back to beating the white stake with the remaining decks now, I need a bit of a breather.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

man some of these unlocks are real specific

I spent a while grinding that and the "discard 5 jacks at once" unlock, mostly just rerolled the erratic deck until there was a promising enough start and then just built towards that. Got them both but yeah it's a little silly.

On the other hand, I've still got the $400 and "win while never using more than 4 jokers" unlocks left and I have no idea where to begin there. I also have one planet card to discover which I assume is 5 of a kind and suit, a couple legendary jokers and the "earn over $100m in one hand" one which I'm sure I'll get eventually.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

the holy poopacy posted:

Do painted deck for the 4 joker unlock, it's surprisingly not bad. Just don't reflexively pick up a 5th negative joker if you want the unlock.

:doh: I unlocked it and thought it was such a bad deck I immediately forgot it existed, one more joker unlock done (and I'm already seeing the potential for Big Number hell yeah)

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

smoobles posted:

Holy poo poo the joker that makes spades/clubs and hearts/diamonds interchangeable got me up to ante 12 making hundred million points rounds.

Best joker I've found so far.

It's so good!!! It was part of my most recent win with a plasma deck, along with the joker that gives +50 chips to all spades(/clubs), the hiker that permanently upgrades the chips given whenever you play a card, the one that gives more chips every time you play 4 card hands...and on top of that, I lucked out with both interest boosting vouchers and having such a good build I could waste a slot on the card that doubles your interest, so I finally unlocked the $400 joker.

This really is going to be the death of me when it comes out on mobile, isn't it :ohdear:

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Kuros posted:

I learned you can do an ante 0 today.

I really have to remember this menu exists, I don't know how many times I've completely forgotten what the boss blind is and made the absolute worst choices in the ship before.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Beasteh posted:

I had a single (unaltered) joker and opened a spectral pack and got the card that polychromes 1 joker and destroys the rest but I couldn't use it, what gives.

I could've sworn I've been able to use that on one joker without the spectral deck. I can confirm that I've definitely opened a spectral pack with 2 jokers, gotten that card, intentionally sold one joker to be sure it hit the one I wanted then successfully used it.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Feeling pretty content with myself rn. Oddly enough I've completely eaten poo poo at all the challenges so far, so that'll probably be my next focus.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Am I alone in thinking ancient Joker is kind of lame? Maybe I just haven't built the right deck for it, but multiplying upon scoring instead of after my other multipliers proc is pretty weak sauce in my experience.

I'll give it another shot on a checkerboard deck though, because Castle oscillated between spades and hearts then, so ancient Joker would probably do the same. Plus then I could upgrade flush a couple of times, and have a higher base multiplier for it to apply to

From what I recall it would switch between all four suits even on a checkerboard deck, which bummed me out because I figured it would be the best possible use case. Dunno if I'm misremembering or they updated it, though.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
^^lmao

Also, egg on my face if Wheel of Fortune is actually bugged but I had a run where it proced 3 times in a row once, I think people are generally bad at dealing with true randomness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Veryslightlymad posted:

I keep pulling Gros Michel as my negative joker when I pull a negative joker tag, and I actually think the dev now owes ME a quarter of his loving profits for damages.

On a similar note, everyone saying Wheel of Fortune is rigged clearly missed the three!!! separate times during runs last night where it proced on Popcorn, I swear it's more like a 3 in 4 chance when it has that chance to own me specifically