Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

who's your favourite joker and why is it yorick (i still haven't unlocked every one but this guy is a beast)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

That deck is beautiful.

My main weakness is forgetting to reroll the boss blind. Why yes, I would love to play against "No hands with Pairs allowed" when half my deck is a 5 of Hearts :)

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Following this thread as a fan is like following the Hunter X Hunter thread. Every time this gets bumped, I get so excited thinking there's a new release

(Game excellent I love it)

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Bardeh posted:

same, but flush. I always end up gravitating towards flush

The Game: If you do your most played hand, a flush, you will lose all your money

Me, smashing the reroll button while holding the Joker that goes up in Mult during Rerolls, ready to play a flush anyway:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So I've only played a couple of games since the initial playtest way back when but I would like to announce, gently caress The Arm (game great likely goty)

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

This card shop triggered my XCOM doubt response

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Bought it! Mine broke. :xcom:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Can someone explain what this card means?

Like...aren't all the cards below 52? Isn't the highest value technically like, 13, the king? I assume I am misunderstanding this somehow?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Me, a person who has beaten Slay the Spire on A20: You should build around what's on offer in relation to the upcoming issues that you know you will face, so that you can cover all challenges. Building around a single style of deck when you're not guaranteed to get any of your pieces is a recipe for disaster, and you can't force a deck every single time anyway.

the holy poopacy posted:

Don't feel obligated to build around flushes every time.

Also me: No flushes? Bwuh?????????????????

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Zurai posted:

There's a mod for this. Literally this, it includes a little Neow card and everything.

There are mods???? I don't see a Steam Workshop tab (unless my eyes are glazing over it), where do we find them?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So this whole time I thought Campfire required me to sell a Joker to upgrade it but today I spent more time looking properly at the description, realising it takes any card sold and

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I haven't had any Legendaries I think! Highest is Rare so far.

My synergy came from like 6 or 7 cards with Purple Chips and a high amount of Discards, so once I got Campfire I just didn't skip any blinds, and discarded liberally to get 3-10 Planet cards for free that I sold. Followed by shops where I bought more Planets and Tarots to sell. It helped that I had a few economy cards that I could just hang onto because Campfire was so strong every round so I was making lik 20 bucks per round, which I used to find more cards to sell etc...

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

It's hard for me to tell since I get it so rarely, but does Blueprint copy any Polychrome, Holographic, Foil, or Negative effects on the card to the right? Or just the text? I forgot to test it the last time I got it and haven't seen it since.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

As I do more and more high stakes, I begin to wish for some form of slight control to the start of the deck. So many restarts.....especially if I RNG doesn't generate any kind of scoring Joker/Tarot

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Me: Alright, pretty much all the Jokers seen throughout the run was Eternal but at least this is a pretty strong combo

Verdant Leaf:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

just unlocked the last deck, that's sure a thing

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Finally got a Legendary Joker, Perkeo, and in the final Ante I finally got the Tarot Cards that enhances a card to glass, one at a time.

See that the final boss is the one that forces a selection of one card. I'm like, no prob, I am on a Five of a Kind deck, but hey at least I can change those sixes into glass sixes, one at a time, and even if it's a four of a kind I should be able to squeeze through.

quote:

forces a selection of one card

quote:

one at a time

quote:

forces one card

Anyway I transformed that Ace into glass five times I guess.

Artelier fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Apr 16, 2024

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Detheros posted:

Behold: The Luckiest run ever

I lost pretty early :v:

seed pls

PLS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

How rare are Legendary Jokers? I feel like I saw my first one about 15 hours ago, and it's been 30 hours total and I haven't seen them since. I'm not sure if that's just how rare they are or if there's a way to influence them. Pretty sure I got my single one from a Tarot too so the only way I can think of is just relentlessly opening tarot packs.