Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Badger of Basra posted:

Is there some way to get steel cards (and kings triggered by Baron) to go later in the order of operations or are they just gonna do what they do

Your cards that trigger from hand trigger from left to right. This can get annoying if you have Baron + Shoot The Moon, since it defaults to sorting higher cards on the left but you want your kings on the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Relyssa posted:

i for one support Jane Joker on her transition

It takes Strength for a Jack to become a Queen!

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Elman posted:

I did it with ghost, having more spectrals that you can use selectively is pretty useful. But I agree Plasma is probably best, I just don't like the mechanics of it.

Reaching ante 12 isn't that hard, you can get it by just doing a normal deck really well and stacking a ton of xMult. But for 100 million you absolutely need to rely on steels or glass, preferrably with red stamps.

The way I ended up doing it was using Hack + Brainstorm to triple-trigger cloned glass 2s.

Retrigger effects in general can be super powerful, I've had runs where I got a Seltzer mid-run and started skipping aggressively so it would last all the way through the end.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Whistling rear end in a top hat posted:

just the text AND there's a pretty high percentage of Jokers that don't work with it. was really disappointed the first time I bought it to use on a few specific Jokers in my deck and it didn't work with any of them.

Is there a full list anywhere of which Jokers aren't compatible with Brainstorm/Blueprint?

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

the holy poopacy posted:

Everyone loves checkered deck and abandoned deck but don't sleep on the erratic deck. Occasionally you get a mostly vanilla dud deck but you routinely wind up with 8-10+ of the same number, it's a blast being able to shoot for 3-4 of a kind right out of the gate.

Of course, straights might as well not exist, that's all abandoned deck.

What got me through Gold Stake on Erratic Deck was opening a deck with seven of one number and eight of another, then finding Spare Trousers and Square Joker early enough to ride Two Pair all the way to the end.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

sirtommygunn posted:

Alternatively just go all in on chips. If you get 1-2 that scale and can feed them or get Stuntman + a couple of foil jokers, you can clear ante 8 even on gold stake.

I had a real hilarious one today with 2x Stuntman, Blueprint, Wee Joker, and Hack. By the end I had enough chip bonuses to oneshot the endboss blind.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

A lot of the interesting utility jokers don't feel like they're worth the slot over something that gives you points or money directly. Maybe if they took half a slo you could at least combo them in interesting ways and still have room for Number Go Up.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

PoundSand posted:

I got that unlock entirely by accident lol. It was a high stake run where I had a stuntman and I was like "well I don't really care about handsize anyways so no reason not to buy ecto".

I had that happen in a run and then copied it with Invisible Joker, bringing me all the way down to a hand size of three. Bu they can never stop you from playing high card.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Beasteh posted:

Has anyone had Cavendish expire on them (I have)

I had it expire and then show up in the very next shop with a perishable sticker. It was funny enough that I couldn't even be mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Me posting in the thread about card sharp: gently caress yeah this rules!! I'm going to get this every time

Me encountering the needle with card sharp: well this loving sucks, gently caress this. How was I supposed to prevent this

'No Way to Prevent This,' Says Only Build Where This Regularly Happens