Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

While there may not be a story in the game, I just learned a story from playing the game.

Apparently the Perkeo joker is based on the court jester Perkeo of Heidelberg, who was a dwarf that reputedly drank 5-8 gallons of wine a day -- the name is a variation of "Perche no?" which was his response to being asked if he wanted another glass of wine. He was so known for his drinking that he was also put in charge of the castle's wine stocks.

According to legend, he lived into his eighties. He eventually fell ill and went to see a doctor who advised him to drink some water. He died the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

MJeff posted:

What decks are good for reaching Ante 12 and 100,000,000 chips?

The plasma deck is probably the easiest for this. If you can make 20,000 mult, the deck will turn that into (10,000 chips x 10,000 mult) = 100,000,000 chips. You typically have to start your run by focusing on making chips however you can, then pivot to mult in the midgame once you have a viable x-mult strategy.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Hellioning posted:

Wow I thought my blueprint-an-ID-card for 6x mult with level 10 flushes with +4 mult for each heart on a half-heart deck was good but it just did not get past ante 10. I cannot imagine what sort of decks would be able to.

Do you want an answer or do you want to puzzle over it?

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

The "real-world" equivalent of the plasma deck behavior is that if you are fencing a rectangle using a fixed amount of fence, you maximize the fenced area by making a square.

Then your boss shows up and forces you to delete a joker and you lose and get laughed at by a playing card.