Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
This game loving rules

I beat it twice so far to around ante 10/11

The trick has been multiplier stacking from, so far, tarot spam, 8 ball spam, or two pair/full houses.

Can't wait to see some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
:staredog:

Well I guess when it's [b]that[/b many chips it's probably as good as multiplier.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Nihilarian posted:

Get spectral and turn a quarter of your deck into 6s

I'm planning to fish for this with the No Faces deck I just unlocked. :hellyeah:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Trousers own because they hit off full house too

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Being able to move the duplicate joker is really sick

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I'm not sure I entirely understand skipping because it seems dumb and why would I ever do it

I guess it might be good if I don't need to build up a joker effect and there's no reward on the blind due to the level of stakes?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
My new run is starting with "everythings a face card" "turn your face cards gold when played' "$5 for discarding 3 faces."

Then I got the -1ante. So I guess I'm rushing big money. Auspicious!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

the holy poopacy posted:

At black stake and up, some jokers randomly spawn as "eternal" jokers that cannot be sold or destroyed by any means. It's a double-edged sword, since it means you wind up stuck with jokers that you might have wanted to swap out later but it also means you can cheat effects that sacrifice jokers.

Someone brought up the egg the other day and now I want eternal egg and stabby Dagger Joker for ridiculous ridiculous multipliers

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I finally beat red last night and rounded out my first five.

Now that I understand skips it was super easy. Lots of free holographic Jokers on that run

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
We're talking low level difficulty still. I genuinely thought skipping seemed worse than playing because I wasn't looking closely at all. Now I am properly weighing "do i have money to buy the poly joker? Do i need to just grind up my pants more?" etc.

Skip when you get a poly joker and will want to buy a joker. Skip when you get free stuff in the next shop. Don't skip if you need to grind up something.

You can't do anything about unwinnable nonsense except reroll if offered. sometimes it does just happen.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Does the shake from the Amber acorn change the number on the card so that you lose your count? I couldn't really understand what it was doing since the card was upside down and I only saw it the one time

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I really need an undo button because I'm the kind of fool who slam buys the voucher right before noticing the hermit for sale

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
If you can start with either the $10 deck or the deck that gives you higher income on hands and discards that's the best way to go.

The advice about Joker positioning is very good follow that if you aren't. It also applies to hand. glass cards go last so you want to add up all your plus multiplier cards then your true multiplied or glass cards and then your plus multiplier Jokers and your true multiplier Jokers
Otherwise you would need to post a run video to see what you might be doing wrong

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
But it's harder to get a flush five in real poker

:agesilaus:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I also go for checkered

It's so easy to get straight and pairs with the abandoned deck but having no face cards is painful unless you get an early bus

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

I was like "what's wrong?"

And then I remembered the click the emoji

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Are any cards compatible with one but not the other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Changes are good. This happened on my first run.

Only registered members can see post attachments!