Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass-penny

for what it's worth I like most of your posts that I've read. byob needs new blood too and I'm like, please come back after that probe B.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Billa posted:

I dislike people irl

I do too, Billa. And my job is education and outreach. I like my job.

Standing back and looking at it, I like humanity, and like that we yearn to be something better. I might be doing education because I find it gratifying to see people improve themselves, even in esoteric ways like understanding binary. And I also enjoy trying to understand why people do the things they do: trying to shift my own perspective to figure out what's motivating folks to behave the way they are. I think this sort of perspective shift probably helps me do a better job teaching.

But at the end of they day, I'm a lot happier by myself than I am out and about. My best friend (after my wife) lives 1200 miles away. And the majority of my socializing happens online.

I wish I had a way to package those two things up and put a little bow on it, but I don't. It's a weird dichotomy that somehow doesn't feel dissonant.

So, yeah, I can relate.

Billa

The Emperor protects.

cruft posted:

I do too, Billa. And my job is education and outreach. I like my job.

Standing back and looking at it, I like humanity, and like that we yearn to be something better. I might be doing education because I find it gratifying to see people improve themselves, even in esoteric ways like understanding binary. And I also enjoy trying to understand why people do the things they do: trying to shift my own perspective to figure out what's motivating folks to behave the way they are. I think this sort of perspective shift probably helps me do a better job teaching.

But at the end of they day, I'm a lot happier by myself than I am out and about. My best friend (after my wife) lives 1200 miles away. And the majority of my socializing happens online.

I wish I had a way to package those two things up and put a little bow on it, but I don't. It's a weird dichotomy that somehow doesn't feel dissonant.

So, yeah, I can relate.

Thank you for understanding. Currently I'm in therapy once a week to try and open myself to the world and I guess that for me posting inn BYOB is. Yesterday we (the people from the psychiatric center and I) went for a field trip and it was fun. I met other guys and even though I didn't make any friends or such I had a good time with them.

Still, I still dislike people but more importantly the way they act.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
lol, the majority of BYOB are anti-social, or at least socially -awkward individuals.

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Billa

The Emperor protects.

Viginti Septem posted:

lol, the majority of BYOB are anti-social, or at least socially -awkward individuals.

I guess that's why I feel at home here.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
We're a wealth of awkward, nerdy, artistic, autistic spectrum, brainy, weirdos.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Also marginalized peoples in need of refuge.

BYOB is safe

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
when i was growing up i was often called "weird" by other kids. eventually i started gravitating towards the other weird kids. every since then i've always sought out other ppl who aren't normies.

when i discovered byob i knew i had found my weed smoking, ragtag gang of misfits :buddy:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

BYOB is where I found my home :3

Goons Are Gifts

Hello! Thanks for giving some detail, Billa, we already talked via PM and I hope and don't think there's any bad blood around, but let me just point out that I didn't probe here because it's forbidden to mention an actual clinically diagnosed illness of any kind someone might have, but because I think without this context around, it sounded a lot more like a rather aggressive, kinda edgy, gently caress everyone everywhere-kind of post and we got some reports about this.
BYOB is indeed often a haven for people that might not fit in some, well, rather typical social norms and that's totally fine and very welcome! I don't think I'm considered normal at all for anyone myself, so please, no one feel discourage to share anything you might be struggling with anywhere, just make sure you choose the words that make it clear what you mean!

Snuff Melange posted:

hell, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billa

The Emperor protects.

Goatse and Gallant posted:

Hello! Thanks for giving some detail, Billa, we already talked via PM and I hope and don't think there's any bad blood around, but let me just point out that I didn't probe here because it's forbidden to mention an actual clinically diagnosed illness of any kind someone might have, but because I think without this context around, it sounded a lot more like a rather aggressive, kinda edgy, gently caress everyone everywhere-kind of post and we got some reports about this.
BYOB is indeed often a haven for people that might not fit in some, well, rather typical social norms and that's totally fine and very welcome! I don't think I'm considered normal at all for anyone myself, so please, no one feel discourage to share anything you might be struggling with anywhere, just make sure you choose the words that make it clear what you mean!

hell, same

Snuff Melange posted: