Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

they accidentally activated the turbo switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Why aren't you saving them right now?

not quite done with tears of the kingdom

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
unfortunately the submarine has ragequit

Poopbutt
Aug 15, 2022
If I was on the sub I would simply take a deep breath and then swim to the surface, why haven't they tried this?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

A submarine license is the forklift certification of the ocean

:aaaaa:

Death By SnuSnu posted:

A welcomed plot twist

Can't say it isn't funny

Miss Cheggs
Mar 22, 2007

Has Elon Musk called anyone a pedophile yet?

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Liked and subbed.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

To be fair on the controller thing the US Navy uses 360 controllers on their subs; https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/navy-xbox-controllers-attack-submarines/

If it works and it's cheaper than some 5 billion dollar controller built by raytheon in 49 states I'm all for it.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

This is how they controlled it

are those the tips from the thing the doc uses to check your ears glued on top of the normal joystick

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

They asked grandma for a GameShark but she bought them those lovely plastic "joysticks"that go over the d pad.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

remain calm everyone we are switching over to the emergency mad catz controller

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I am broken in two over this news.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

wrong thread lol

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

they should have used that massive steel battalion controller that thing was rad

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

i always wanted one of those when i saw ads for it. anyway the sub was smuggling drugs to the titanic

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/1670950355163570183?s=20

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://twitter.com/FnpMarieOH/status/1670931677013524487

:lol: Yeah, they are dead.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
How is this supposed to surface after it sinks normally? It kinda sounds like it can't surface on it's own and relies on that platform thing so if you lose thrust, or possible even if you just lose one thruster, you're SOL. Don't most submersibles like have some kind of ballast tanks to blow or weights to detach so they can surface quickly?

Having a separate platform thing you need to dock to feels like a very unnecessary thing that creates an extra fail point in the whole process.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Inside

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

That guy in video who is CEO is in the sub that is missing

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

gooncave.jpg

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
https://twitter.com/TheSharkPunch/status/1670944564277030912/photo/1

loving Groversub

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Wait, has anyone checked to see how deep orcas dive?

Maybe they've been talking to sperm whales.

Death By SnuSnu
Jun 7, 2007
Compare your lives to mine and kill yourselves.
They hit L2 when they meant to hit R2

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i bet they got too close to the underwater alien base that all the UAPs come from, just like titanic did in 1912

Death By SnuSnu
Jun 7, 2007
At least there's a nice futon cushion to sit on

Death By SnuSnu fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 20, 2023

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

kerbal space program rear end sub

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
If you're stuck between the ocean floor and thousands of feet of water pressure above, you could say you got your sub sandwiched :ocelot: :grin:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Great preview of Elon’s first manned Mars expedition

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Has anyone contacted Billy Zane yet? I feel like he can muster up some sort of survival plan.

Nooo, it’s not because he was in Titanic, I just really think Billy Zane could get the job done.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
My dumb theory:

They got to the correct depth fine and started scootin around the titanic as planned.
The electrical system failed, leaving them without propulsion, communication, and lights.
Because of the above they could not dock with the recovery platform thing and are kinda just stuck at the bottom of the ocean.

This could have been solved by just not having a loving recovery platform it needs to dock with and just giving the thing it's own way to surface, ideally any control of this is either directly mechanical or has some kind of redundant back up power, because not being able to surface is bad.

Even if it turns out that the pressure vessel failed, having a separate platform the vessel needs in order to surface is the dumbest poo poo ever.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol they're dead.

No good way to go, either. Crushed to death in an implosion, suffocated due to lack of air, or drowned.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Supposedly they use Starlink to communicate with the craft, so there's no chance they're getting out alive.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Codependent Poster posted:

lol they're dead.

No good way to go, either. Crushed to death in an implosion, suffocated due to lack of air, or drowned.

Crushed to death would by far be the best option, it that depth if there was a structural failure they would be dead before they realize something was wrong, like, dead, dead, like literally turned into paste in a fraction of a second.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

lol they're dead.

Implosion would kill you so fast you wouldn't realise. I'd rather that than suffocating on farts for four days in a cramped tube.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
someone get james cameron to film a rescue op

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019

lol they're dead.

IDK, instantly crushed to death with no warning sounds like a pretty great way to go in general.

Death By SnuSnu
Jun 7, 2007

You Are A Elf posted:

Has anyone contacted Billy Zane yet? I feel like he can muster up some sort of survival plan.

Nooo, it’s not because he was in Titanic, I just really think Billy Zane could get the job done.

A real man makes his own luck.

Lorthdon
Feb 20, 2006
They might have split up or they might have capsized. They may have broke deep and took water.

And all that remains is the faces and the names, of the wives and the sons and the shareholders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

If they didn't die instantly and are instead slowly running our if air, you think they're sucking and loving the hell out of each other?