Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Supposedly they use Starlink to communicate with the craft, so there's no chance they're getting out alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Is there a way to just list out all the possible points of failure here?

• The only way to navigate is getting STARLINK text messages from above.
• No emergency beacon.
• Controlled by a logitech gamepad.
• Requires external team to get it into position to even be openable.

People earlier have mention use of Xbox controllers by military, but those are to control cameras and periscopes, not entire vehicles.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Could you imagine trusting Logitech with your LIFE? Imagine saying yes to a Bluetooth pacemaker by Mad Katz.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Ralph Crammed In posted:

It's got gamer mood lighting too.

I guess I never thought about it before, but I am surprised that you can just go into the ocean in any old bucket of bolts your disruptive and innovative mind can conceive of. Apparently there's no one to stop you?

Libertarianism is never asking permission.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

kalleth posted:

[*] Chose to use that loving text message comms system because the CEO was tired of being distracted by voice messages

Wait, WHAT

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I'm starting to feel like reality has just turned into Umineko, but at the bottom of the sea.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Killing each other for air is going to really be self-defeating considering what the body does immediately upon death.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I still say that this might resemble Heavens Gate more than the other -gates.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I dunno what it would look like if it got crunched, because the carbon fibre hull would not crinkle so much as just, like, explode into pieces. The internals would get cooked by the sudden change in pressure, so I doubt we'd get anything as cool as a phone or speaker making it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

They specifically don't use a normal type of boat to transport or load the craft, so that just adds many more points of failure there.