Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

thank you for this, giant talking cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Partially flooding has the ultimate comedy option of Groversub9000 being tilted vertically and them having room to stand, just all wedged together. Or the four of them taking turns holding up the CEO as he tries to reboot Windows98 to at least get the cd to stop skipping.

Now this would be pretty much the nightmare scenario - if you don't asphyxiate from being piled up at one end of the hull you instead get the oubliette experience of slowly dying in a vertical tube filling with condensation and waste with no practical way to lie down or even sit.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

turn off the TV posted:

i do not think that the army uses 30 dollar controllers from logitech

With at least some of the robots I work with in EOD (or worked with; I leave this week), you could fairly-easily plug in a functional USB gamepad into the control laptop and remap a few keys and be good to go

Lotta stuff in the military runs off of what is essentially last-gen commercial software with some extra bells and whistles for security and durability.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

StrangersInTheNight posted:

yeah i dunno why the not-console-branded thing is what is causing contention. the military was using xbox360 controllers in 2005, you think it stayed that way forever? this is the US GOVT we are talking about here. there's absolutely logitech poo poo and out-of-box solutions being used.

you don't want to know how often bombtechs use their phone's google search to aid in id'ing uxo's

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
What's the fine for littering on a protected maritime grave site?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Seagate's in a great position to bounce back if they can christen a new-and-improved vessel and charge tourists to see the wreckage of the Titan.

They can call it Titan: The Sequel

edit: whoops Seagate makes hard drives, not subs (though I'm sure they'd do a better job)

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Called it.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

hooooooly fukken poo poo pisssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

wet_goods posted:

Are we ready to entomb this thread in the goldmine yet, like the Titan, it should end abruptly before sinking any deeper

I dunno, I think there may be a little more room for hilarity once the investigation spins up.