Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i bet they're all partying on the titanic with a bunch of cool edwardian sea phantoms while we're all up here worrying. stupid rich assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

They asked grandma for a GameShark but she bought them those lovely plastic "joysticks"that go over the d pad.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Imagine being a billionaire and cheaping out on your submarine expedition. You could go in the nice one James Cameron went down on but no you got to get into the fart tube to save the equivalent of the money you make while taking a shower in the morning.

But you see that wouldn't be "innovating" or pushing boundaries and how do you expect that to stroke the ego of billionaires?!?

E:really hope we find out what the profit margin was on these trips

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Commander Jebus posted:

Even if by some miracle they manage to find the submersible intact on the ocean floor, good luck trying to recover it from there.

Also finding a bottomed out submersible of that size is very difficult even with modern side scanning sonars.

Even if they find it on the seafloor, the thing doesn't have hatches of any sort that a rescue vehicle could lock on to. They'd have to haul the entire sub to the surface

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i bet what actually happened was that someone took a huge stank dump in the tiny onboard toilet and everyone asphyxiated

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

lol even the bbc is ragging on this deathtrap portapotty

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65960217

e: lmao, rofl

BBC posted:

According to the company, the Titan weighs some 23,000lbs (10,432 kg) and has an aerospace-standard five-inch (13cm) thick carbon fibre hull reinforced with two domed titanium end caps.

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 20, 2023

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I don't think there would even be a cabin for water to enter pretty much the instant the pressure hull failed

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Apparently they are picking up banging sounds in 30 minute intervals on sonar

So I guess they didn’t get pancaked

I mean I'd probably be horny af in their situation too but it seems like a poor use of oxygen

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Randallteal posted:

You'd hope their gruesome deaths would save some lives in the future, but honestly I would be shocked if this doesn't end up spiking interest in ocean floor tourist trap poo poo.

People are going to die going to see the people who died going to see the people who died on the titanic

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Vampire Panties posted:

Imagine this bottle of preserved billionaires washing ashore in a few years

:ssh: the message is capitalism is hell :ssh:

Imagine finding 3 perfectly preserved billionaire wallets

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

So do you think the engineers at oceangate are working on their next sub already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

imagine being rich enough to afford one of these cool rear end semi-subs and instead you die in a cramped pipebomb that smells like feet and poo poo in the darkest murky depths of the ocean

lol