Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pookah posted:

I went back to see if I got mixed up, but that what the report says:

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-65977432

Is there no deep water in the region? If not, that would suggest the Titanic depths were simulated in a pressure chamber - is that even possible?

I can't believe moron CEO would lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

DSV Alvin was retrieved from a depth of 5000 feet with nobody inside of it. Pisces III, deepest rescue of human beings ever allegedly, was only 1500 feet. Titanic is 12,500 feet. Just had to set some context for myself because jesus christ just use titanium instead of carbon fiber you loving rear end in a top hat.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Buce posted:

Sub-maritime law stipulate that whoever finds the billionaire corpse(s) gets the inheritance .

I'd watch this movie. Call it Race to the Bottom. 😎

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

:thunk:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

So the fervor will die down and then it will become another billionaire's mission to retrieve the gooey submersible.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

trouser chili posted:

It’s far more distressing that two of the hosts in that video are no longer with us. Jesse Combs and Grant Imahara, those were some pretty good humans.

Although it was only Jesse that died in a similarly stupid manner as our Titanic friends.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Okay I'd like to bring up again the personalities in the boat. I mean what's the survival here I feel like one person's just kind of relaxing maybe meditating eating a snack. One guy's just trying to fix things like constantly another guy's muttering a song and then the fourth guy is just like losing his loving mind. But the other three are trying to tell him not to be negative. I feel like that's been the way it's been for the last like maybe day and a half or so and then that's when it started to get really grim. I'm sure the billionaires were probably reassuring everyone that they were going to be rescued by you know a constant support from their family or some loving bullshit like that

they all realize they are going to die. if they have not already be pasted by physics.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I met some old dude one time and he told me he had a couple Bonneville land speed records.

"Oh wow so you piloted those?" I said.

"No I just designed and built them. I didn't get to my age my piloting them."

:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Near