Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I love some cold ice cream on a hot summer day. But what if it's too hot? If it's like 95 degrees out, won't the ice cream melt before you can finish it?

Please post serious thoughts only, tia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I read a study a few years ago about the perfect temperature for consuming ice cream, it was in the mid 80s IIRC

They then went on to theorize that by the year 2050 we will all be eating ice cream indoors because the earth will be too hot to consume ice cream outside :smith:

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Eat ice cream over the sink inside and shirtless while basking in the wonders of air conditioning.

On the couch while watching Judge Judy is another great option.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
A hot day is where Gelato shines.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
In 100% humidity the atmosphere can't hold anymore ice cream so your cone will actually never melt no matter how hot it gets

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Look for turkish ice cream. You have to chew it and it and it's resistant to melting. They use salep, a flour made from the root of purple orchids, and a resin called mastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxGmMybsIJc

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

If ice cream is for eating in hot weather, does that mean hot dogs are for eating in cold weather?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Valko posted:

Look for turkish ice cream. You have to chew it and it and it's resistant to melting. They use salep, a flour made from the root of purple orchids, and a resin called mastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxGmMybsIJc

don't think I can get this in the US

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
you can't get it in Turkey either, they keep pulling it back or leaving me with an empty cone :mad:

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Smugworth posted:

If ice cream is for eating in hot weather, does that mean hot dogs are for eating in cold weather?

it's hot cream and it's a year long treat

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Dippin Dots are produced at subzero temperatures and are melt resistant, that’s why it’s the ice cream of the future op.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Also ice cream on a hot day is for chumps who like feeling bloated and gross. What you really want is a refreshing janjerel.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5NEeL9EI-Y

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

eat it faster op

close the thread?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Also ice cream on a hot day is for chumps who like feeling bloated and gross. What you really want is a refreshing janjerel.

My man brings up a solid point

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Peggy Edson posted:

I love some cold ice cream on a hot summer day. But what if it's too hot? If it's like 95 degrees out, won't the ice cream melt before you can finish it?

Please post serious thoughts only, tia.

does the inside of your ice cream not insulate it from melting for you while you're eating it? I haven't had issues with melting in temperatures like that in the past...

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Bite the end of cone. Sip the melt.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Dippin Dots are produced at subzero temperatures and are melt resistant, that’s why it’s the ice cream of the future op.

Dippin dots make me nauseous, but a neat fact about them is that the technology is used in Beyond artificial meat to get fat globules in.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Too hot for all these clothes... (strips)(shows you hairy mantitties)

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It also depends if the place you're getting the ice cream is cold enough. I got ice cream from a Ben and Jerry's and it was half soup before I got out the door.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
have an ice cream sandwich

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008
I personally disagree with the premise of there ever being weather that's too hot for ice cream, but growing up my parents would use that exact phrase when the temperature got above about 110 fahrenheit (I'm from Fresno, it's not uncommon in the summer), not necessarily because the ice cream would melt but because ice cream is kind of a heavy, fatty food and at that temperature you don't really want to eat anything so heavy.

stereobreadsticks fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 23, 2023

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Toxic Mental posted:

Too hot for all these clothes... (strips)(shows you hairy mantitties)

my favorite

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Uproot your entire family and move to a barren, freezing place where night lasts for six months and even the steeliest men are driven mad by the cold, dark and isolation. When the people you love most begin to deteriorate and yearn for death, offer them some delicious ice cream

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You call this vanilla?

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

it's "sweet cream" actually, whatever the gently caress that is

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
This is why a milkshake is the ideal ice cream delivery mechanism

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
You just lick the ice cream a lot and its kinda messy on your hands and face but so what?

naem
May 29, 2011

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

Uproot your entire family and move to a barren, freezing place where night lasts for six months and even the steeliest men are driven mad by the cold, dark and isolation. When the people you love most begin to deteriorate and yearn for death, offer them some delicious ice cream

so, michigan

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i dont know wtf i was thinking getting the cone on that date. imagine a manchild with vanilla coconut dripping down the sides of his fist on the opposite end of a sane person using cup and spoon

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The weather can't melt the ice cream until it finishes with the ice caps

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just blow on it to cool it down

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

drippy rear end cream.....

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

I have to defer to John Harrison from Edy's to answer

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

when i was little i had a pee wee herman shirt that had his picture on it with the caption ice cream soup. i wish i had it as an adult.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wet-bulb_temperature

big sections of earth could be uninhabitable soon with mass migration and strife

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

It was 97 degrees today and my Arby’s creamsicle shake went down smooth.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

they also taste like poo poo

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

You bitches ever heard of something called a root beer float? ESPECIALLY if that fucker is made with authentic A & W root beer. Ain’t nothing better than that to cool a man on a hot day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
But are you too high for the supermarket op?????????

rageoflink posted:

go to a grocery store and go to the produce section and find a girl by any kind of melon. Say hey I like those melons you got there and who knows she might find you extremely creepy or she might think you're the funniest thing since...... idk but w/e you get the point.

gl

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)