Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I’m not even really sure where to start with this but I will attempt to summarize. For maximum entertagement, I strongly recommend you read the original thread located here

…but I will attempt to give you the CliffsNotes version of it:
What began as one man’s quest to sell Garfield-shaped pizzas to the masses as the world’s youngest Garfield licensee has become the pinnacle of cutting-edge entertagement. The restaurant itself was located in downtown Toronto, featured mobile app ordering, and a video of Garfield-creator, Jim Davis speaking on an endless loop blaring through speakers while inside.
If you can make it more than 2 minutes into the following video, then buckle up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys9Q3PQH_nQ

Food and Wine Magazine did a nice(?) write-up of GarfieldEats which you can read here
The establishment’s proprietor, one Mr. Nathen Mazri is the GOB Bluth-like son of an extremely wealthy middle eastern businessman. He also has impeccable taste in suits:

Sadly, GarfieldEats wasn’t meant to be and was shuttered due to COVID, landmonsters and the extremely limited market for terrible pizza in the shape of Garfield’s head along with lasagnas with orange sauce (no, really).

Not to worry though because Mr. Mazri was just getting started! Here are some highlights from the previous thread. Note that some of this will be difficult to document as Nathen tends to immediately forget about projects once he starts them and lets associated media evaporate into the ether:

Nathen wrote a book entitled “Arabiolosis”. A summary and discussion begins here.

At some point, Viacom acquired the license to Garfield from Jim Davis. At first, Nathen was cautiously optimistic about retaining his license for the Garfield IP, however Viacom took one look at what Nathen was doing with Garfield and immediately terminated his license. Nathen did not take this well. The prevailing theory is that they saw THIS (Warning: Extremely NMS), and that was the end of that.
While in mourning, Nathen founded ScoobyEats which sold Garfield mail order frozen lasagnas, “Farm2Plate” hot dogs and burgers to grocery stores and local customers…or something. It lasted for exactly one BBQ season. Someone attempted to order one of these lasagnas and poo poo got really weird.

An extremely awkward talk show?

I hear people asking "What is Eegeez" all the time and man, let me tell you Nobody knows! Not even Nathen!

Farm2plate deodorant?

The wonderful world of NFTs

Not weird enough for you? Witness the birth of Nathfield! He is here to cleanse this bitch of an earth!
Exhibit 1
Exhibit 2
Exhibit 3

Nathen tries to make a Garfield dark comedy movie/documentary without a Garfield license. He had Steven Spielberg attached to direct and a soundtrack by Nick Cave.

The dating show where the winner will marry Nathen

The Nathfield project is scaled down from a cartoon to a podcast/radio play-type thing with voice actors he hired off of Fiverr. It can be found on both Spotify and Apple Play and I will warn you ahead of time that they are utter lunacy. Only 3 episodes were ever made (so far) but summaries of these can be found starting here:
Episode 1 Summary
Episode 2 Summary
Episode 3 Summary

Garfield-related paraphernalia auction including the magical orange suit.

Finally, that brings us to the present where NathenEATS! has launched which is an art exhibit and not a restaurant. I hope you enjoy Cereal boxes and coloring

This thread only has a couple rules that mostly go without saying (but y’know, goons):
• Do not touch the poop – IE Don’t bother Nathen IRL, don’t join his discords, don’t participate in anything that could be construed as harassment. Just leave him and his many, many projects alone. The one exception to this is that you may marry Nathen if he will have you.

• Don’t turn this into Kiwifarms. Nathen is undeniably weird and holds some reprehensible opinions, but mean-spirited bullshit isn’t funny.

:siren: Here there be dragons. Peruse this thread at your own risk :siren:

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Let's cleanse this bitch of an Earth

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I am here to be entergaged.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Heres the old thread for posting fun - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3884709&perpage=40&pagenumber=392#pti23

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

GarfieldBEATS (his meat)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I wonder what horrors he'll unleash next!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I wonder what horrors he'll unleash next!

His rear end!!!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

GarfieldBEATS (his meat)
please respect his involuntary celibacy.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

let the entergagement continue

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Locking this thread violates third mantra of GarfieldEATS.

Megaraptor
Dec 10, 2004

Life, uh...finds a way

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Garfield came out of the bathroom covered in lotion.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Love me, feed me, don't leave me.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
Also, a warning for any newcomers: if you buy Nathen's art or memorabilia, there is a likelihood that he will doxx you. All the more reason to leave the weirdo alone!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I wonder what brilliant madness the next four hundred pages of the epic Garfieldeats saga shall see.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

dr_rat posted:

I wonder what brilliant madness the next four hundred pages of the epic Garfieldeats saga shall see.

If I've learned anything this from the previous thread, it's that whatever is next will be incredibly stupid, deeply confusing, possibly offensive, and hysterical.

Also that none of us is capable of even imagining what new madness he'll unleash upon us.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Frank Frank posted:

For maximum entertagement, I strongly recommend you read the original thread located here
lol

Cubone posted:

I keep clicking this thread thinking I'm going to understand what's happening
four years later and I'm still squinting in confusion

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

I’m not ashamed to say I’ve eaten the succulent nuggets from a fouled litterbox so I’m very interested in any and all cat-related dining honestly

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

I’m not ashamed to say I’ve eaten the succulent nuggets from a fouled litterbox so I’m very interested in any and all cat-related dining honestly

Farm2Plate

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I've tried reading the previous incarnation of this thread and it actually no-poo poo makes me ill. There is just something deeply unsettling about this guy and his fixation on the banal cat cartoon

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

who would win in a fight, scoobydoo eats or garfield eats?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Such humble beginnings...

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
mneow

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I’m holding out hope that Nathen releases a “NATHEN MAZRI REACTS TO: GARFIELD (2024)” YouTube video that exceeds the runtime of the actual film. He does not need to create a thumbnail of him doing a 😱 face over a still from the movie; the picture of him duck-lips-kissing the Garfield plush will serve the same purpose.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Cubone posted:

four years later and I'm still squinting in confusion
No, you get it. That's the correct reaction.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

DoombatINC posted:

Such humble beginnings...

"Four slices of pepperoni are enough for a pizza, right?"

"Yeah, 's fine. Don't forget to place them unevenly, too, so that when it's cut it makes nobody happy. That's what the boss calls entergagement!"

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I find it fascinating how they're closed on Mondays, ostensibly as a nod to the recurring joke about Garfield hating Mondays. The joke never made sense in the first place, because Garfield is a house cat who of course doesn't have a job and therefor has no reason to feel one way or the other about Mondays, but Jim Davis's brain is made of pure anticomedy so he just shoehorned the joke in on the presumption that readers would enjoy it because they can relate. But now we have the Garfield Eats store whose only day off is Monday, meaning it should now be Garfield's favorite day. The joke catastrophically fails on two distinct levels. The original, fundamentally flawed punchline is stabbed in the back by the second, which turns out to be just as stupid. It's honestly kind of impressive.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

im saint germain posted:

Also, a warning for any newcomers: if you buy Nathen's art or memorabilia, there is a likelihood that he will doxx you. All the more reason to leave the weirdo alone!

When some lady that bought the orange suit for something like $900, he showed up at her her house to hand-deliver it.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
this loving thread would be the first one I follow from conception to gold mine. I'm chronically entergaged

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
A. The OP starting with Fork Jail is perfect. We are all in fork jail.

B. I think the OP should have an added disclaimer for Arabialosis (or however it’s spelled) that he kisses his cousin in the book.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Duckman2008 posted:

A. The OP starting with Fork Jail is perfect. We are all in fork jail.

B. I think the OP should have an added disclaimer for Arabialosis (or however it’s spelled) that he kisses his cousin in the book.

I tried to stay away from getting into too much into detail about Nathen as a person. Also I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Frank Frank posted:

I tried to stay away from getting into too much into detail about Nathen as a person. Also I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise.

how do you feel about being the forums expert on nathen? I feel like that has to gnaw at your soul

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Feline Mind Meld posted:

how do you feel about being the forums expert on nathen? I feel like that has to gnaw at your soul

Not an expert by any means, I just chronicle events as they happen. Most of it hasn't been scarring.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Is this some kind of weird sex thread I didn't read the last one but figured it was about some weird sex thing

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Nooner posted:

Is this some kind of weird sex thread I didn't read the last one but figured it was about some weird sex thing

surprisingly accurate

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Nooner posted:

what do you think garfield eats

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I should also mention that better than half of the projects listed in the OP either never got off the ground or were abandoned immediately without fanfare or explanation immediately after launch.

The dating game would have been awesome but it never got past sign-ups. A reasonable amount of money and effort(?) was spent on the podcasts only to be abandoned after episode 4 was teased and then never spoken of again.

Oh and there was also a huge “clean label” website that appeared in tandem with NathenEats where he had some folks on the board who seemed more “serious” for lack of a better term. Their aim was to lobby the FDA in the US for better food labeling requirements which was a little odd since they were all Canadian but whatever. It too just vanished one day with no explanation.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jun 21, 2023

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Great opening post. I’m staying browsed

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Garfield Eats crashed and burned. There's a dozen youtubers who have all done dives on it, and even eaten the food.

However, as a rich, out of touch manchild Nathan Mazri will not be stopped, and has launched his newest IP: ScoobyEats, with you guessed it, Scoob Doo.
Allegedly some of the lasagna being sold by the cartoon dog is the same deep frozen pre-made pasta that belonged to the cartoon cat, re-awakend from it's cryogenic slumber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Busters posted:

Garfield Eats crashed and burned. There's a dozen youtubers who have all done dives on it, and even eaten the food.

However, as a rich, out of touch manchild Nathan Mazri will not be stopped, and has launched his newest IP: ScoobyEats, with you guessed it, Scoob Doo.
Allegedly some of the lasagna being sold by the cartoon dog is the same deep frozen pre-made pasta that belonged to the cartoon cat, re-awakend from it's cryogenic slumber

Covered in the OP. Also ScoobyEats has also already gone the way of the dodo. Sorry for your loss.