Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

Covered in the OP. Also ScoobyEats has also already gone the way of the dodo. Sorry for your loss.

Rip Hungry Cartoon dog.

I guess all that is left is to dig into whatever bullshit he put into his self published "Arabiolosis". Judging from his twitter, its probably all fake-self help b.s. with a smattering of right wing bootstrap pulling. Pretty rich coming from an silverspoon heir.

I kinda think this guy has it in him to give a run at being a poor man's Andrew Tate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Nathen has nothing in common with Tate aside from money.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Frank Frank posted:

Not true. He hates women just like them.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Not true. He hates women just like them.

Disagree! He has female friends. Actually, come to think of if I think the majority of his friends are female.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Nermal’s actually a dude, hth

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Don't leave me

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Devils Affricate posted:

I find it fascinating how they're closed on Mondays, ostensibly as a nod to the recurring joke about Garfield hating Mondays. The joke never made sense in the first place, because Garfield is a house cat who of course doesn't have a job and therefor has no reason to feel one way or the other about Mondays, but Jim Davis's brain is made of pure anticomedy so he just shoehorned the joke in on the presumption that readers would enjoy it because they can relate.
“Garfield does not have a job, Garfield does not go to school and every day is the same. Nevertheless every Monday is just a reminder that his life is the same old, same old cycling again and for some reason even though his life is pretty much the same every day on Mondays specifically, awful things tend to happen to him physically.”

the joke is the existential dread intrinsic to a life without purpose.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Frank Frank posted:

Disagree! He has female friends. Actually, come to think of if I think the majority of his friends are female.

That's Garfield. Nathen loves calling women on instagram whores in Arabic.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I ate Garfield. God forgive me I ate him

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

He's been posting a lot about being a self made man and "waking up people". Pretty sure he's at least dipping his toe into some "red pill" man-o-sphere poo poo

Also this:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That's Garfield. Nathen loves calling women on instagram whores in Arabic.

parity
May 16, 2019

all things are nothing to me
Just wanted to remind everyone that Garfield’s birthday, June 19th (began on that date in ‘78), just occurred, and on a Monday no less. Praise be.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Garfield's birthday is Juneteenth?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Garfield hates Mondays because that's when Robert E. Lee signed the articles of surrender on behalf of the Confederacy.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Busters posted:

Rip Hungry Cartoon dog.

I guess all that is left is to dig into whatever bullshit he put into his self published "Arabiolosis". Judging from his twitter, its probably all fake-self help b.s. with a smattering of right wing bootstrap pulling. Pretty rich coming from an silverspoon heir.

I kinda think this guy has it in him to give a run at being a poor man's Andrew Tate.

The last thread actually had some poor soul reading it and giving us chapter by chapter summaries.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I'm looking forward to some good, maybe even greatnews soon!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Just woke up and made a garfficcino, great to see this thread back

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I saw the garf bday thread and immediately thought of Nathan

Hope it was ok

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Busters posted:

Any political bias in the book would be pretty irrelevant, since Nathen's 10 Laws to Convert from Feeling Species into Thinking Species make little sense grammatically, logically, or psychologically.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
OP has a link to the goon reading and posting Nathan’s book, and it’s a wild ride I’ll tell you what.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
You know in hindsight I'm kind of impressed he managed to finish Arabiolosis and actually open GarfEats without just dropping the idea ceremoniously. Modern Nathen just doesn't have that kind of commitment to his nonsense ideas.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Peanut Butter posted:

You know in hindsight I'm kind of impressed he managed to finish Arabiolosis and actually open GarfEats without just dropping the idea ceremoniously. Modern Nathen just doesn't have that kind of commitment to his nonsense ideas.

I'm pretty sure the book was his first "project". He was doing speaking engagements almost a decade ago. Imagine some big fortune 500 paying for Nathen as its keynote speaker on some corporate retreat lol.

Hilariously, googling "Nathen Mazri speaker fee" led me to a previously unseen Medium.com article he wrote:
https://medium.com/@nathenmazri/the-rise-of-qmr-the-fall-of-qsr-4649872a454c

and his byline reads "Founder of Egeez App / Author / Public Speaker / Entrepreneur / aka GarfieldEATS Guy 😻"

quote:

A new set of capabilities emerged to re-create, re-structure, and re-build our digital world to become an interconnected society, but interdependent on data, forever, even for the giant tech companies such as Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, AirBnB and many more codependent on large amount of raw data. Without it, they will seize to exist and so will you!

oh no!

Halfway through the article he just inexplicably shifts gears into an ad for GarfieldEATS with no explanation.

oh my god, and he provides us with the formula for total entertagement (this is huge)

quote:

Total Entergagement =

(Reactions + Views + Clicks) / Time x Average Retail Price

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jun 21, 2023

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
That sounds incoherent enough to be one of the articles he wrote himself before he just ChatGPT’d the rest of them

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
He also makes a point of making sure everyone knows he was 27 in 2019 in this article which is a claim that is dubious at best.

E: Lmao his only other medium article is entitled, "Google Reviews Destroy Young Entrepreneurship". Oh wow this whole thing is gold:

quote:

Harmful reviewers are bullies. They can’t let it go, forgive, forget or just shut up if they have nothing nice to say at all. I would respect a reviewer who says your sauce requires more work or your pizza crust tastes better when thick or balancing a review between a positive and a negative, which gives the review weight, credibility, and respect. We do not flag those! Words may hurt and of course as we now know, they may also cause suicides among bullied teenagers. Shouldn’t freedom of REVIEW on the internet by bloggers, customers, and other users be monitored to increase trust among the readers or potential customers and stakeholders. I can think of a few already, but who do I speak to? Is there an agency, regulated institution or bureau that can enforce such programs and procedures on the internet or do I simply speak to the monopolistic organizations, responsible for impacting our societies immensely such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, or other publishers and media power houses?

https://medium.com/@nathenmazri/google-reviewcs-destroy-young-entrepreneurship-add2929d5668

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 21, 2023

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
RIP all teenagers who killed themselves when the local pizza place got bad reviews on yelp. gone but not forgotten 🙏

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
The worst thing you can do to a narcissist is puncture their worldview bubble

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Frank Frank posted:

oh my god, and he provides us with the formula for total entertagement (this is huge)

:popeye:

Peanut Butter posted:

RIP all teenagers who killed themselves when the local pizza place got bad reviews on yelp. gone but not forgotten 🙏

This is why the Angel Gabby must prevent future harm by finishing off the pig troll Kramer once and for all.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Seth Pecksniff posted:

The worst thing you can do to a narcissist is puncture their worldview bubble

I would think that a true narcissist would deny or shift blame for any viewpoint or evidence which doesn't line up with their narrative. See Trump and pretty much everything...

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Garfield was coming on to me. His talk was nasty and his manner inappropriate. The fat bastard had hands like an Italian.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Pizzas are round because they cook evenly that way. This is why the Garface pizzas have burnt crust on one side and raw looking crust on the other.

Whereas a lasagna shaped like Garfield's face would bake evenly... and lasagna is Garfield's favorite food.

These basic logical contradictions used to found a brick and mortar business still keep me awake at night.

Anyone remember the app? You could play games or something and it was so bad iirc it was the first fixation when Garfeats was launched.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Drunk Nerds posted:

Pizzas are round because they cook evenly that way. This is why the Garface pizzas have burnt crust on one side and raw looking crust on the other.

Whereas a lasagna shaped like Garfield's face would bake evenly... and lasagna is Garfield's favorite food.

These basic logical contradictions used to found a brick and mortar business still keep me awake at night.

Anyone remember the app? You could play games or something and it was so bad iirc it was the first fixation when Garfeats was launched.

that shouldn't matter, if you were cooking the pizza properly you'd be spinning it in the oven with your peel anyway lol

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Garfield is no Mestre da pizza, if I'm being honest.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Escape From Noise posted:

Garfield is no Mestre da pizza, if I'm being honest.

If Jim Davis were a more worldly person he'd have made a catupiry joke by now

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I could go for like a plain cheese frozen pizza with just some tobasco put on it. I'm having a bland food day

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I'm still fairly convinced, having tried it, that the special sauce on the pizza was carrot baby food

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I will break the rules of this thread if Nathen announces live viewings of his art while I am in Toronto this weekend.

I will not harass him, I will appreciate his art, something he has never experienced before.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
So how has this Nathan dude never combined Garfield with crypto or NFTs or AI?

I figure if you want to show the world how rich and smart you are, getting into one of those three things is a surefire bet. And you’d get money from real, living idiots.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
He tried to do some NFT bullshit that danced perilously close to something that would draw the ire of the lawyers at Paramount Global, but like all his schemes, it was quickly abandoned.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I don’t think he’s techie enough to get into AI. He “wrote” some articles that were clearly generated (the grammar was far too good) but that’s as close as he’s gotten AFAIK.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MassRafTer posted:

I will break the rules of this thread if Nathen announces live viewings of his art while I am in Toronto this weekend.

I will not harass him, I will appreciate his art, something he has never experienced before.

Down this road lies madness. The only gallery that will ever exist is the virtual one he has already posted and the gallery that exists in Nathen’s imagination.

buglord posted:

I figure if you want to show the world how rich and smart you are, getting into one of those three things is a surefire bet. And you’d get money from real, living idiots.

Covered in the OP. There’s a link. I suspect that Nathfield came to be because Nathen can’t sell Garfield NFTs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

buglord posted: