Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
#pawpetrol sounds like a comedy about dogs that run a gas station

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

dr_rat posted:

So does he not like the fact that there is a movie coming out, that Chris pratt is in it I guess, or is Garfield a cop in the new movie or something? Is that what the whole paw patrol thing is about?

As normal, I have absolutely no idea what he's on about. I find that comforting.

I think he's mad that he's not the voice of Garfield

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Oh god I didn't even see he spelt it Paw Petrol! Haha, that's wonderfully stupid. I'd say it's a typo, but for as rambly and nonsensical as nates post usally are, he rarely seems to make those.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CodfishCartographer posted:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

It's this. He whined about it constantly after the movie was announced and Pratt was cast as Garfield

Nathen is too lazy to do this but he should record all Garfield's lines in his own voice and release the audio to play alongside the actual movie

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Wait hold up, are we ANTI licensing now because

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
"Mommy what are IP rights and why does Garfield keep on whining about them all the time?"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The power struggle over Garfield after Jim Davis retirement is a lot like the elite conflict after the death of Lenin. What is even truth in a world that has outlived its only visionary?

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I hope Nathen Mazri follows the way of Trotsky to a t

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Alchemist posted:

I hope Nathen Mazri follows the way of Trotsky to a t

Is that random European GarfieldEats joint the Stalin in this?

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

dr_rat posted:

Is that random European GarfieldEats joint the Stalin in this?

I think Chris Pratt is Stalin in this case.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Alchemist posted:

I think Chris Pratt is Stalin in this case.

Hmm, does seem the sort to secretly run a KGB'esq agency.

Should probably keep note of if any movie critics who talk poo poo about one of his performances "accidentally" fall out their window shortly after.

Or you know, end up in a gulags.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I hate Chris Pratt but it would be pretty hilarious if he responded with a completely targeted taunting about Nathen having failed Garfield

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Nathen is too lazy to do this but he should record all Garfield's lines in his own voice and release the audio to play alongside the actual movie

Eating an eighth of shrooms and playing Nathan's recording of the Garfield movie when the lion roars at the beginning of The Wizard of Oz.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I think this proves that Nathen is so unimportant, he isn't even on the radar of anyone but the ghoulish Internet peanut gallery (us).

Sony and Paws Inc wouldn't tolerate an official Garfield social media page going rogue and saying Chris Pratt smells like stinky cheese.

So either they don't care at all about Nathen, or they know that anyone who stumbles upon GarfieldEATS is going to immediately realize it's an unlicensed nut.

But it must burn his butt that he's been basically disavowed by his favorite [brand]

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i had a set of Garfield books when i was a kid, because i was very mature for my age. i hate to see the material debased like this.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
when i was really little i got a garfield book before i knew how to read, and i flipped through that thing so many times that eventually i knew the words too. garf taught me how to read

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I love Garfield

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

I love the implication that Garfield, as intended, is for adults

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

In the United States, the show is #pawgasoline

No but really, what a giant sour-graping little baby Nathen is. loving embarrassing.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
Chris Pratt looks phonier than ever - a target ripe for material. Nathen wouldn’t ever dare comment on that, though

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Elephant Ambush posted:

It's this. He whined about it constantly after the movie was announced and Pratt was cast as Garfield

god, if he did this i might be forced to edit it into the movie

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
it would be a shame if someone socially engineered Nathan to do the alternate garf VO and post it online

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

touching the poop just makes your hands lovely

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lol nathen is gonna pay to go see the garf movie and shout his version of the Garfield lines at the rest of the audience until he gets a proverbial stage hook

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Ghostlight posted:

touching the poop just makes your hands lovely

a drat shame it would be for someone to do that

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I take issue with the idea that Garfield has 200 million fans

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
Garfield has lots of fans if you count the dead ones. Just treat it like a cumulative thing instead of a current snapshot and boom, now you’re thinking with entergagement

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I guess Stouffer's put Chris Pratt Garfield on their boxes of frozen lasagna. So that's probably also part of the reason Nathen's losing his mind over this.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Dick Bastardly posted:

it would be a shame if someone socially engineered Nathan to do the alternate garf VO and post it online

He wouldn't post it for free. Also it would be the lowest quality audio file ever in some dead cheap format and it probably wouldn't even sync up with the movie

I'm basing this speculation on literally everything else he's done in his life

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Chris Pratt is stealing Garfield lasagna valor

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Escape From Noise posted:

I guess Stouffer's put Chris Pratt Garfield on their boxes of frozen lasagna. So that's probably also part of the reason Nathen's losing his mind over this.

If it was, I guarantee you he would have mentioned them by now. Nathen's not really the type to be mad about one thing and disguise it as being mad at something else - he's very transparent.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

If it was, I guarantee you he would have mentioned them by now.

The other shoe is gonna drop soon.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
wtf this guy is NUTS

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Junk posted:

wtf this guy is NUTS

oh word

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Junk posted:

wtf this guy is NUTS

Are you new to the thread(s) or something?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Junk posted:

wtf this guy is NUTS

Prepare to be Entergaged.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Junk posted:

wtf this guy is NUTS

https://youtu.be/ys9Q3PQH_nQ?si=pjX43c7b-4Gff-go

Start with this

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I mean just go read the OP and look at all the poo poo I linked there if you want to really dive into the insanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Frank Frank posted:

I mean just go read the OP and look at all the poo poo I linked there if you want to really dive into the insanity

Nah, like the OP post says, just start with the original thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3884709&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1