Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

david_a posted:

Unfortunately I’m pretty sure we all know who he means by “they”

The Pig Troll Kramer killed Michael Jackson !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

colonel mustard did it in the kitchen

5er
Jun 1, 2000

An IRL Tom Haveford, neat.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

This is why I saw saying stuff about him trying to be the next Andrew Tate. The dude wishes he was an influencer. He's one step away from talking about "escaping the matrix"

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

the world’s youngest Garfield licensee

If my god drat nephew would only accept the gift of wisdom from his wealthy uncle, we could put this poo poo to bed by the end of the quarter.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Busters posted:

This is why I saw saying stuff about him trying to be the next Andrew Tate. The dude wishes he was an influencer. He's one step away from talking about "escaping the matrix"

World's youngest influencer with zero followers (clean label certified influencer)

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Last I checked he was making some weird app where you scan socks with cartoon characters on them to find out if they’re an officially licensed product or not. That was probably about 6 projects ago now though

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Chrs posted:

Last I checked he was making some weird app where you scan socks with cartoon characters on them to find out if they’re an officially licensed product or not. That was probably about 6 projects ago now though

Eegeez (pronounced "Iggies"). We're still not entirely certain what it's supposed to do.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
It’s quite simple, straightforward, and unambiguous actually, here’s a copy-n-paste from the website:

quote:

Egeez (cough) is the world’s 1st licensing marketplace to protect the studios
See? Simple!

Yes, the “(cough)” is originally in there, which I choose to interpret in the funniest way which is that Nathen created all the text with voice transcription.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

david_a posted:

It’s quite simple, straightforward, and unambiguous actually, here’s a copy-n-paste from the website:

See? Simple!

Yes, the “(cough)” is originally in there, which I choose to interpret in the funniest way which is that Nathen created all the text with voice transcription.

Yes but WHY is this needed? Big companies like disney don't need Nathen as a middleman to sell merch. They already have licensing agreements with distributors. Who are you selling this to? Distributors and big licensees don't need this poo poo either. They aren't going to use some tiny web app for this sort of thing and it's not like Disney just licenses Mickey Mouse out to some dude who wants to sell stuffed animals or w/e.

Also jfc Nathen:

quote:

Always lowest prices for licensed stuff, Phucket, I'm buying from Egeez. It's not like there's anywhere else to buy from.

"Phucket" indeed.
It's essentially a marketplace for people who already hold IP licenses and in the small print somewhere, Nathen says he won't help you negotiate a license. It's just a marketplace you can use to sell your licensed brand merch. All Nathen is doing is A) Verifying that you (the seller) have a valid license and B) providing you with e-commerce poo poo you probably already have a better version of elsewhere.

This can't be a huge market. I still don't understand who the target audience is for this. It sorta makes sense from a consumer point of view for that extremely small subset of people who absolutely do not want knockoff Mickey dolls, but those people are going to go straight to one of Disney's online retail partners and not gently caress around with some app. The ONLY way this would make sense is if Eegeez was partnered with the actual license holders and lmao that will never ever happen.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 26, 2023

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I think this should clarify things for you

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Does this mean the backpack itself doesn't eat animals or animal products? Is it for vegan Pokemon?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Oh, Geeze! A Pokemon vegan backpack sucked me off???

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
This came in at the tail end of the last thread, but for a very small window of time there was a website linked from Nathen's main website called "Clean Label Product" and this was the "Board" tab on that page:

The site has since been taken down and all references to it have been scrubbed. I will ask again though, what is Nathen doing with his hands?
E: Site was https://www.cleanlabelproduct.com/

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Frank Frank posted:

Does this mean the backpack itself doesn't eat animals or animal products? Is it for vegan Pokemon?

Please, it's a bagpack

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Frank Frank posted:

Yes but WHY is this needed? Big companies like disney don't need Nathen as a middleman to sell merch. They already have licensing agreements with distributors. Who are you selling this to? Distributors and big licensees don't need this poo poo either. They aren't going to use some tiny web app for this sort of thing and it's not like Disney just licenses Mickey Mouse out to some dude who wants to sell stuffed animals or w/e.

Also jfc Nathen:

"Phucket" indeed.
It's essentially a marketplace for people who already hold IP licenses and in the small print somewhere, Nathen says he won't help you negotiate a license. It's just a marketplace you can use to sell your licensed brand merch. All Nathen is doing is A) Verifying that you (the seller) have a valid license and B) providing you with e-commerce poo poo you probably already have a better version of elsewhere.

This can't be a huge market. I still don't understand who the target audience is for this. It sorta makes sense from a consumer point of view for that extremely small subset of people who absolutely do not want knockoff Mickey dolls, but those people are going to go straight to one of Disney's online retail partners and not gently caress around with some app. The ONLY way this would make sense is if Eegeez was partnered with the actual license holders and lmao that will never ever happen.

"it's not like there's anywhere else to buy from"

Amazon, Walmart, countless other retailers and direct from the companies themselves. loving christ, Nathen.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

steinrokkan posted:

Please, it's a bagpack

HOW IS A BACKPACK VEGAN?
I'm getting too entertaged. I need to go get some work done.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

HOW IS A BACKPACK VEGAN?
I'm getting too entertaged. I need to go get some work done.

It usually means like it wasn't made with animal products. Like vegan leather=faux leather.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
vegan leather is the dumbest and most amazing pr rebranding stunt ever. it’s loving plastic. and if you buy one of those fancy bio alternatives like pressed mycelia they specifically call it mushroom leather or whatever so it’s always just plastic.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Frank Frank posted:

The site has since been taken down and all references to it have been scrubbed

Amazing, these wheezes are getting shorter and shorter

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I don’t know how anybody can be confused; the value proposition of Egeez is crystal clear

quote:

Egeez App is a tech-driven and entergaging Quick Mobile Licensing (QML) marketplace for licensed products intelligently geo-located according to licensed territories granted by top Hollywood studios to licensees to help boost maximum merch visibility.

Egeez protects both - fans from
counterfeits merch and licensors from
trademark infringements.

The blue focus is to build a magical
trusted place for verified licensed
products worldwide.

Are you saying you don’t want to be blue focused on a magical trusted place for verified licensed products worldwide???

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

this guy is out there winning hearts and minds again

https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/14kdff7/garfieldeats_founder_nathen_mazri_being_just_a/

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i hate nathen mazri

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1673599630267801602

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

What’s “funny” about that is that he made a big show of donating food from GarfieldEats to the homeless right up until the city opened a homeless shelter on his block and then he flipped out.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Whoa holy poo poo. Nathen, this isn’t very whimsical

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

What’s “funny” about that is that he made a big show of donating food from GarfieldEats to the homeless right up until the city opened a homeless shelter on his block and then he flipped out.

kind of, the shelter was always there. it was in-between the subway exit + his store and a lot of people hung out outside of it when there wasn't space inside. at some point his brain cell decided this was depressing and/or bad for business and suggested physical makeovers for the residents. saintly, no doubt.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i wish garfieldeats was still open so someone had the opportunity to put a brick through it

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Jesus christ, Nathen. What a piece of poo poo, godamn

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

"I left behind toxicity of humanity. I found my calling with a higher power, and honestly, I met my prophet who enlighted me in my dreams. I woke up with so much tears, crying like a big baby from the deep end of my heart."

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Yeah the real arc of the last thread was discovering he was much more disgusting than amusing

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

"I left behind toxicity of humanity. I found my calling with a higher power, and honestly, I met my prophet who enlighted me in my dreams. I woke up with so much tears, crying like a big baby from the deep end of my heart."

^^^

I really thought Nathen was just a flaky impressionable weirdo but now I'm starting to thing it's all an act and ngl it makes me a little sad.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I like the delightfully strange Nathen, the one who does fork jail and cereal box “art” and weird apps, not the one who thinks it’s acceptable to use the phrase “barren shrew”

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Scientastic posted:

I like the delightfully strange Nathen, the one who does fork jail and cereal box “art” and weird apps, not the one who thinks it’s acceptable to use the phrase “barren shrew”

It turns out they were the same Nathen all along!!!

:ohdearsass:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm honestly surprised Nathen never ran for mayor considering the sheer amount of deeply unserious candidates that did. I would've loved to see him lose to a dog.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Is it egeez or oh, geeze?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

wynott dunn posted:

Worse

Iggies

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

wynott dunn posted:

Egeez pronounced "Iggies" but like, his slogan for it is "Oh Geez, Iggies" which makes no sense because "Oh geez, it's Eegeez" is right fuckin' there. Nothing he does makes sense.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Also lol that the sole reply to Nathen's weirdo misogynistic rant on Twitter is a person who replied "Grafeld" and nothing else.

E: And by "rant" I mean his entire string of posts has zero retweets and one reply

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Frank Frank posted:

Also lol that the sole reply to Nathen's weirdo misogynistic rant on Twitter is a person who replied "Grafeld" and nothing else.

E: And by "rant" I mean his entire string of posts has zero retweets and one reply

There are more replies now

https://twitter.com/WilburWurthless/status/1673844743913046019?s=20