Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
He'd probably give Jim Davis the keys to the city, then get really invested in rebranding the city hall cafeteria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Peanut Butter posted:

I'd love to see him prove there are no other Scooby-Doo charcuterie boards in existence.

e: charcuterie-doo

There's at least two others on Etsy.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

istewart posted:

I haven't paid a lot of attention to Garf since I was a kid, but this gives me the feeling that whenever it became possible, the strip workflow was converted to use a set of pre-drawn vector components for characters and environments that can be drag-n-dropped together

But perhaps I am rudely and unnecessarily besmirching the skilled pen of Jim Davis

People like to criticize Jim Davis for designing Garfield to have as much popular appeal as possible, as if a true cartoonist should only desire the laughter of children as payment. The Garf is a business from the ground up, and assuming Jim Davis is personally drawing every strip is like assuming Henry Ford personally tightened the bolts on every Model T.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Nobody ever leaves the skin farm.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I am a bigger fan of the party cups. 1. Get cups. 2. Use cups as cups! https://youtu.be/Ut2Rk9hvnIA?si=W3l_a0q6i-8cFbeo

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Strategic Tea posted:

Mr T.EATS

Hmm, no, :siren: brand risk alert

It would only sell ball based foods.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Buster Brown survived into the 90s as a shoe company mascot despite being from a comic strip created in 1902. So licensed characters don't always need to be currently popular. It just requires a solid business underneath it.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
If a lost famous person stepped foot into Garfield Eats, he would have made them his entire personality for months, regardless of what they were famous for.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
People say that Garfield was designed to be popular like it's some sort of shameful revelation, as if real cartoonists are supposed to subsist entirely on the laughter of children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
That's also not the killer's name. So he's smearing the name of an innocent person and/or amplifying anti-Semitic conspiracy theories that have started popping up after the attack.