Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I got a bag of salted roasted peanuts in the shell an an event with an ex and she told me how some people don't bother shelling them, they just cronch into them shell and all. Turns out the shells are salty and kind of satisfying but definitely fibrous and more of a chew. I kind of love it though, the peanuts with thin shells are the best.The internet says you shouldn't eat the shells for a variety of reasons but I don't know, how bad could a bunch of peanut shells be?

What say you, GBS, do you eat the peanut shells?

Thank you Trash Mammal. Welcome to dog world b*tch*s

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY journeyman SIGSMITH Luvcow

https://i.imgur.com/EebjYYe.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Official height endorsed by a medical professional: 5'11.5"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Hell yeah fully support shredding the gently caress out of your rear end in a top hat

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i used to sometimes suck the shell for that sweet sweet salt but never ate them. i dont think people really do that.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

yep, and I eat bananas unpeeled and coconuts go down whole & hairy

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i dont peel my shrimp before i eat them.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

Hell yeah fully support shredding the gently caress out of your rear end in a top hat

I see you've had them before

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Smugworth posted:

I see you've had them before

I…wasn’t talking about peanuts :wink:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

First time I’ve ever heard of someone eating the peanut shells :pwn:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

You Are A Elf posted:

First time I’ve ever heard of someone eating the peanut shells :pwn:

Try one with a thin flimsy shell for your first time. Go ahead, try it. You'll see.

almost1337
Jun 14, 2013

The male likpatons turn around the nucleus formed of female boobons and neutral bolsterons
Boiled peanuts are the best.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

didnt someoen already do this thread except sunflower seeds

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i've eaten peanuts in the shell when they're roasted and salted, it's actually pretty tasty and has never caused any digestive issues

i don't normally do it, mostly it's just to assert dominance at a five guys or a bar/steakhouse that gives 'em out

i tried it with raw peanuts once and they're tougher and more bitter, i don't recommend it, go with roasted instead if you want to try it

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

almost1337 posted:

Boiled peanuts are the best.

also, this is the right way to eat em for sure

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

you ever had a brazil nut in the shell? try 5 or so for breakfast and get ready for a dang good time.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

How many people do you got pming you about not receiving a blue sky invite smugs? I feel bad about that thread now people were seriously asking. Sad lol

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
Peanut shells are gross and only boomers eat them out of habit from living through the great depression.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Squee posted:

Peanut shells are gross and only boomers eat them out of habit from living through the great depression.

boomers didn't live through the great depression. if they had, they might have empathy for the poor

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Wendigee posted:

How many people do you got pming you about not receiving a blue sky invite smugs? I feel bad about that thread now people were seriously asking. Sad lol

What do you think about eating peanuts whole in the shell wendigee

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

now that i think about it, i probably haven't eaten peanuts in the shell since i became a vegetarian almost a decade ago, because the only places i did it were beef slinging establishments

what's the connection between beef slingers and complimentary nuts anyway?

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
The only place, other than 5 Guys and Tigers games, that I have seen in-shell peanuts being served was a dive bar near my parents and everyone just threw the shells on the ground so there was a constant layer of gross peanut shells and spilled bud light on the floor, it was disgusting.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
just say gently caress it and eat some walnuts or pecans whole

the world has no rules anymore, Dios mío

just eat the pecan tree! who cares!

Squee posted:

The only place, other than 5 Guys and Tigers games, that I have seen in-shell peanuts being served was a dive bar near my parents and everyone just threw the shells on the ground so there was a constant layer of gross peanut shells and spilled bud light on the floor, it was disgusting.

ahhh, smells like home

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Smugworth posted:

What do you think about eating peanuts whole in the shell wendigee

I don't like peanuts broom man. Mildly allergic.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Squee posted:

You can buy them in the bag at the grocery store

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

You can buy them in the bag at the grocery store

Eww gross.

The Twins :barf:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Eww gross.

The Twins :barf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR2Jh2i7JgY

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Peanuts are poo poo tier nuts

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Hollismason posted:

This is hosed up and I'm requesting a ban+30 for you buttwipe

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Hollismason posted:

gently caress you

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I would never eat a peanut whole though, sorry Slug

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
ALMOND SUPREMACY!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Peggy Edson posted:

I would never eat a peanut whole though, sorry Slug

Smugworth posted:

Try one with a thin flimsy shell for your first time. Go ahead, try it. You'll see.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Hollismason posted:

They're like C to B tier at best.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I suck all the salt off dem and throw them in the trash.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Too many peanuts cause misery on the toilet the day after. I can't imagine eating the shells would make it any better.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

real tough fellas eat pistachios in the shell

Lick Joe
Sep 30, 2000
Forum Veteran
The first rule of bezoar club is you don't talk about bezoar club, largely due to the shooting abdominal pain.

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

I eat kiwis with the skin, and have been inconsiderate enough to eat peanuts like the above pictured in the office, but eating the shells (though tempting in its efficiency and cleanliness) is just a jump too daring for my rear to attempt

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

You people are acting like chewing isn't a thing
You chew the shells you're not just swallowing shards of thwm whole

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

On most days I can't be too picky with what she decides to put in my feedbag.

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Smugworth posted:

You people are acting like chewing isn't a thing
You chew the shells you're not just swallowing shards of thwm whole

yep, it would be like refusing to eat a pretzel or granola because you don’t think you can digest something hard and crunchy

try chewing your food like your ancestors did for hundreds of millions of years mayhap?