Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Slugworth posted:

Yes, yes, we're all familiar with your posting.

If you could break away from pickling watermelon rinds or grinding up eggshells for a moment, then you could refamiliarize yourself with forum policies that discourage throwing away any part of its posting carcass.

:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
You shouldn't eat peanuts in the shell but you should eat the skin of baked potatoes

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Watermelon rind no orange rind no but zucchini with the skin yes potato with the skin yes and oranges you should be saving their peels as they have many functions

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Watermelon rind no

watermelon rind is pretty good stir-fried imo

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Watermelon rind no orange rind no but zucchini with the skin yes potato with the skin yes and oranges you should be saving their peels as they have many functions

There are people who peel zucchini??

almost1337
Jun 14, 2013

The male likpatons turn around the nucleus formed of female boobons and neutral bolsterons

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Have you tried broadening your cuisine to I don't know - small pebbles

This is apparently already a thing: suodiu

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

almost1337 posted:

Boiled peanuts are the best.

yeah people do this all the time

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Squee posted:

The only place, other than 5 Guys and Tigers games, that I have seen in-shell peanuts being served was a dive bar near my parents and everyone just threw the shells on the ground so there was a constant layer of gross peanut shells and spilled bud light on the floor, it was disgusting.

hell yeah i remember places like this

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Peanuts were invented by a black fellow

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Yes, his name? Jesus Christ.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

If peanuts were at the center of more religions, human history would've had a milder journey.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

eaten plenty of peanut shells, never got any fungal infection

starting to suspect i might be built different

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

the peanut is a bloodthirsty nut. how many does it kill every year? a peanut god would be a hungry god. no bueno

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
Good grief, op

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bad Purchase posted:

eaten plenty of peanut shells, never got any fungal infection

starting to suspect i might be built different

It's like toxoplasmosis, the primary symptom is an increased desire to eat peanut shells

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i was eating the shells for a while but it resulted in the biggest most perfect poo poo i've ever seen in a toilet bowl and i stopped after that fearing what might happen. i plumbed too deeply and too greedily into the poo poo mines it's too powerful

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

You shouldn't eat peanuts in the shell but you should eat the skin of baked potatoes

In my household I take care of them discarded pertater skins :yum:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I got another bag of peanuts, shell ON!!!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

you got all those kids to think about man

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

If you've been eating them shell on for a while and you're looking for the next best thing, try them right out of the god dam dirt. Some people say it's weird to eat dirt but there's actually tons of nutrients, minerals, and bacteria that are really good for your rear end health.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I'd probably attempt to live off cashews if they weren't so damned expensive

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
How do you get 3 pages in. and no one points out that there's deep-fried peanuts "eat-shell-n-all":

https://www.amazon.com/Salted-Deep-Fried-Peanuts-Shell-n-all/dp/B00N226HFA

I've had them and somehow deep frying them makes the shell thin and crispy, like a triscuit. They're excellent.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Zero VGS posted:

How do you get 3 pages in. and no one points out that there's deep-fried peanuts "eat-shell-n-all":

https://www.amazon.com/Salted-Deep-Fried-Peanuts-Shell-n-all/dp/B00N226HFA

I've had them and somehow deep frying them makes the shell thin and crispy, like a triscuit. They're excellent.

yea bro those look fuckin good

*sticks finger in mouth as if trying to barf*

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Not sure if I want garlic or the hot garlic to try first

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
When you eat peanut shells along with the peanuts you have to be carefully. Fully chew those shells or within 24 hours you will be sorry.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Do you think planters would sell me a bag of the leftover roasted, salted, discarded shells from after they package their shelled peanuts?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

:ibadpop:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I wish I wasn't going on vacation this weekend, I want to experience the world of deep fried peanuts

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

This sampler pack comes with a reusable burlap sack

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
you can also eat kiwis with the fur still on

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The burlap sack is for hiding your head in shame

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

LordArgh posted:

you can also eat kiwis with the fur still on

a goon said try it years ago and i did

and it's good

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Smugworth posted:

This sampler pack comes with a reusable burlap sack

Someone answered me on Amazon

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

youre supposed to eat the sack whole

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Bad Purchase posted:

real tough fellas eat pistachios in the shell

In what world is pistachio the "tough nut" (hehe) and not Brazil nuts.

A Tad Ghostal
Dec 2, 2014

I like the part of When Nature Calls where the detective makes a big mess out of the (deshelled) peanuts he's eating and then thinks they said penis.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I have obtained some of the deep fried peanuts.

Initial thoughts: salty and highly seasoned, shell is softer and thinner than your average roastie, but the peanut flavor is somewhat muted.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So, relatedly: Cucumber skins?

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I’ll eat a bunch with the shell on, then eventually shell off once I hit top salt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I’ll eat a bunch with the shell on, then eventually shell off once I hit top salt

Yeah. This is the way.