Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I'm gonna play me some Street Fighter 6 on modern mode. I will suck at it and very likely decide it's not for me but not until after the return period. The demo sucks and only has two plain oatmeal characters to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

N. Senada posted:

I’ll play ya frog av

Sadly my frog character is not in Street Fighter 6 yet, hopefully dlc will add it.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Okay can we please beat anybody who makes a game that doesn't auto detect my resolution accurately? I also liked them giving me a long link with a QR code but not letting me just copy and pasting it. I get it this is a game made by like a handful a people and I can't expect the world but be better.

Anyway it took me like 15 minutes of mucking around to fix the resolution/make a capcom account/link that capcom account to steam. 1 hr 45 minutes remain on my return period.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Wow plagiarize much? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZFgePYzmR8

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The level 5 computer is not very good.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I think I'm going with Kimberly. She's a ninja. Believe it! Also I think the game UI is poo poo but I don't really play console games and I totally think that's at least partially to blame. I haven't decided between keyboard/gamepad/like the original hitbox I bought ages ago that probably won't work. Dashing is easier with the keyboard but I'm not sure that's worth it.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Sorry person playing white Ryu, you're boring please never play video games again. It's like deciding you're going to play human in game with choices that aren't human. Just psychopathic behavior.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Peggy Edson posted:

Lol the thread would've been gassed and op banned for posting in the wrong forum in 2003

Where else would I post this? The garbage I'm addicted to but won't admit it forum? Nah I think Street Fighter qualifies as a game so it doesn't really belong next to Genshin Impact.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I've decided keyboard and mouse.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

goatface posted:

Disgusting.

Space bar for blue mode. E for comic book mode. Shift for combo assist. Left mouse light, right mouse medium, wheel button for heavy. Although I think my wrist might not like this so maybe it's back to xbox controller. I can't make up my mind on what character I want to play.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 24, 2023

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Absolute psycho poo poo right here

Hold on let me find the wii fit.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

How bout fitness Wii in your mouth

Sure I can fit a grape in my mouth.HAHAHAHA IM SAYING UR DICK IS SMALL LOL.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

GolfHole posted:

i feel like keyboard is the only way to do charge characters propelry but im probably doing something wrong

Charge is such a terrible movement and I hate it. Oh no it's not back hit it's back wait hit. So weird. So bad. I don't like when games are me versus the controls which fighters totally feel like even with Modern settings. I beat somebody over the internet today! Just ignore all the other games that I lost.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Zeluth posted:

This is why I like Ken. No, I don't have Parkinson's.

I refuse to play any flavor of Ryu as I think it's just so incredibly lazy. That's a character slot that could go to something interesting.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Zeluth posted:

Haha! Now you will get evil Ryu or Akuma. I am sorry for your loss.

Well there's only Ryu, American Ryu, and Popeye Ryu in 6 so there's plenty of room for more.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The key is to punch/kick the other person and avoid/block being punched/kicked. Sometimes you throw the other person instead.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jun 25, 2023

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I keep switching between Dee Jay and Chunli... Kimberly too but not really she feels ineffective.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

https://www.streetfighter.com/6/contents/characterquiz/en/result50.html

Whelp I was wrong I should be playing Honda. I'm so stupid.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I went back to gamepad. *shrugs* I don't know.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I tried my old hit box after dusting it a bit; mushy buttons do not like.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

It's important that your opponent losses all their health before you do. That is if you want to win.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

I usually play pikachu, but scorpion is lookin pretty op this time around.

Idiot those are both banned for their unblockable infinites.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

https://www.streetfighter.com/6/contents/characterquiz/en/result50.html

Whelp I was wrong I should be playing Honda. I'm so stupid.

The problem with Honda is his headbutt is a charge move. Charge moves suck. This isn't as big an issue for Chun Li because I don't feel like her fireball is as important as Honda's charge move. Yep.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I do a drive impact and if it hits I can command throw. Very exciting stuff.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Played some Kimberly. Punch punch punch punch. You can't drive impact me! Well you can because sometimes I decide not to be actively light punching over and over again.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

GolfHole posted:

hows my man dan doing

Honda, Kimberly, Chun Li., all ranked iron of one flavor or another.

edit: Wait I'm not Dan. Oh well.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 27, 2023

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Iron 2 Kimberly? Not anymore; Bronze 1.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Fascinating stuff here D&C

I know.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I spent the summer of 2020 trying to climb the rankings in SFV and I eventually quit because it was more stressful than it was fun

You stopped playing? You let those assholes beat you? YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE GAME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

My Kimberly is now in Silver. Yep. I am amazing at video games.