Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

For me, it has to be Winnie the Pooh. I just never found the Hundred Acre Woods and its inhabitants interesting. Pooh himself was a lazy rear end in a top hat who only cared about stuffing his face with “hunny” and creating elaborate schemes to get more instead of trying to be a decent friend to the others. I’ve tried to look at it positively as an adult, but the more I think about it, everyone in the Hundred Acre Woods becomes even worse than I remember except for Piglet, who usually gets taken advantage of because he’s too sweet and innocent to say no, and Eeyore, who could use some genuine help for his depression instead of being told to “cheer up!” and being forced to interact with others. It’s like It’s Always Sunny with horrible characters, but as animals lol.

Also, The Jungle Book. “The Bear Necessities” is a bop, but the movie never interested me and it was on all the time. Just by extension I never cared for TaleSpin, either. I dunno why I never liked either version of The Jungle Book. They’re certainly not bad by any means, but I always thought updating the story to a 1930s-ish flying ace plane world was an odd choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I've never liked Star Wars even a little

I had a friend who was super into it and he used to smack me with one of those extendable plastic lightsabers when I beat him at Mario Kart so that may have given me a bad taste for it

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.
Firefly.

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

"Either way, it's going to hurt like crazy."
Sesame Street was super boring

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ninja turtles, power rangers, sonic, Zelda, still can't get into most shows because I'm gah

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I tried to like it and I watched one of the episodes that Oz was in because I had a crush on Seth Green, but that turned out to be the episode where he died or left or whatever so I had no further incentive

Nurglings
May 6, 2016
Couldn't get into Harry Potter or Pokemon as a kid. Not by choice, but because they were SATANIC and thus not allowed in my parents home.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
When kids at school started getting into Power Rangers I kinda tepidly got behind it, but I drew the line at Dragon Ball Z a couple years later.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
X-Men, specifically the animated series. The opening theme was cool and it had a pretty neat montage, but once the shows started I had no idea what the gently caress was going on and no desire to learn.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Spice Girls. I was a Backstreet Boys fan and will be 4 lyfe

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

lord of the rings
dragonball
power rangers / ninja turtles
basically any superhero cartoons

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Nurglings posted:

Couldn't get into Harry Potter or Pokemon as a kid. Not by choice, but because they were SATANIC and thus not allowed in my parents home.

This made me do a double take and I googled "pokemon is satanic".

Wow.

I was bored and this is good reading material for a few hours. Thanks.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Heath posted:

I've never liked Star Wars even a little

:same:

Nurglings
May 6, 2016

Valko posted:

Wow.

Digimon and Yugioh as well.

As I recall, during bible class in 5th grade we learned that Pokemon = Pocket MONsters = deMONS = satanic, QED

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Passive Aggreeable posted:

Sesame Street was super boring

"Today we're going to the crayon factory to learn about the crayon manufacturing process."

Why would any small kid want that knowledge?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
g i joe?

g i NO

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Superhero comics. Never really got the appeal. My dad had stacks of stuff like Marvel and poo poo and I would not read it.

Other comics were ok.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

wrestling, pokemon, buffy, harry potter, most pop music from the time

e: ^ and comics is another, yep. i had a passing interest, like watched some of the cartoons, but never got into reading comics or collecting toys

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

Valko posted:

Wow.

just spent a few minutes searching archive.org and gave up, but I remember the pokemon site having a disclaimer at one point that it was neither satanic nor cockfighting

edit: reading comics actually made superheroes more appealing somehow and I at least ended up liking spider man but not getting deep into it beyond the few issues I had

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Pretty much everything in the 80s. I have distinct memories of not liking just about any TV show because, even as a child, it all felt "old" to me, and made me feel... Depressed, I guess would be the best word for it. Somehow to my 6 year old brain, Silver Spoons felt dated and weird, while it originally aired. Same for everything you could think of - Who's the Boss, Family Ties, etc, etc.

Why older feeling tv shows depressed me, I'll never know. And I didn't have the word for it back then, I just knew they made me feel bad/sad/lonely.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The collective works of Hegel

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

From my early childhood I had an instinctive, visceral hatred for the mainline DIsney characters and iconography--Mickey, Donald Duck, Goofy, and the rest. It was all so polished and sanitized that it felt like Disney was always talking down to me, and Looney Tunes seemed subversive by comparison (though I was too young to realize that much of Looney Tunes was hella racist). Mickey Mouse's dead-eyed stare made my flesh crawl, gently caress him and his lovely friends.

E: Never really liked superheroes either, I took a juvenile delight in calling them "stupor heroes", and I like them as an adult even less because now they're completely inescapable and grown rear end men think it's cool to gabble on about Captain America and Thanos and the Infinity Stones :fuckoff:

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jun 21, 2023

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Matt Houston

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj6rZN0b-Rk

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

RavenousScoot posted:

just spent a few minutes searching archive.org and gave up, but I remember the pokemon site having a disclaimer at one point that it was neither satanic nor cockfighting

it's totally cockfighting though

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Woolie Wool posted:

Only when the pokemon are bird type

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Woolie Wool posted:

it's actually way worse because pokemon are portrayed as basically as smart as people in the cartoon

and hell, team rockets meowth can talk and its not for any special reason. it just tried really hard and figured it out, which implies other pokemon could do it too they just don't want to

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Was never into super heroes or power rangers or harry potter but everyone has said those already. So I'll add that I didn't like tamagotchi.

E: people would huddle around over those things and sure maybe something fun to do in class but having a gameboy was just better

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 21, 2023

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

PinheadSlim posted:

it's actually way worse because pokemon are portrayed as basically as smart as people in the cartoon

and hell, team rockets meowth can talk and its not for any special reason. it just tried really hard and figured it out, which implies other pokemon could do it too they just don't want to

Isn't a fan theory that pokemon are mutated humans or something?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
You know the golden age of Disney Channel programming? Yeah, none of it was for me.

e: I watched old Zorro reruns on the channel, though, because Zorro was cool.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Rugrats and Doug. Both cartoons were hot garbage, objectively and sucked rear end.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

oldpainless posted:

Rugrats and Doug. Both cartoons were hot garbage, objectively and sucked rear end.

drat, ok mr dink.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Mortal Kombat. I've never been good at fighting games but even I knew the controls were jank and the gore was just a cheap ploy for publicity.

Friends bored the poo poo of of me. I just could not see the appeal. Seinfeld and Frasier were much funnier and more interesting to me.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

oldpainless posted:

that is correct

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Slugworth posted:

Pretty much everything in the 80s. I have distinct memories of not liking just about any TV show because, even as a child, it all felt "old" to me, and made me feel... Depressed, I guess would be the best word for it. Somehow to my 6 year old brain, Silver Spoons felt dated and weird, while it originally aired. Same for everything you could think of - Who's the Boss, Family Ties, etc, etc.

Why older feeling tv shows depressed me, I'll never know. And I didn't have the word for it back then, I just knew they made me feel bad/sad/lonely.

Whereas I didn’t watch a lot of late 80s/ early 90s tv shows because I was watching reruns of Dragnet and Mary Tyler Moore on Nick at Night.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Hated the Pokemon cartoon as a kid. Ash was such an insufferable little bitch

Also Tiny Toons always kinda gave me a bad feeling as a kid, not sure why

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

You people are making me feel old. I was in my teens or 20s when the poo poo you're talking about came out. :corsair:

For me, I never understood why people liked the Benji movies. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benji_(1974_film)

Or Mighty Mouse. Or Eight is Enough.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

CaptainSarcastic posted:

You people are making me feel old. I was in my teens or 20s when the poo poo you're talking about came out.--

I'm bottom of the millennial bracket so you're definitely old.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Rugrats was good and clever, you just didn't understand its best parts because you were a little kid or a teenager who didn't give a poo poo. Doug, on the other hand, was made exactly for you and you understood it perfectly and you're correct in hating it.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Devils Affricate posted:

Rugrats was good and clever, you just didn't understand its best parts because you were a little kid or a teenager who didn't give a poo poo. Doug, on the other hand, was made exactly for you and you understood it perfectly and you're correct in hating it.

Rugrats hits me in the bones now that I'm older. The parent stuff is all miserable and I love it. Doug was harmless, not much to say for or against it. There was just much better shows at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avicus
Aug 31, 2007
Gentleman Bastard
Grimey Drawer
The Muppets. Too loving manic for me, even as a kid.