Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

I like jokic but reddit is just 14 year olds, paid pr firms, and world militaries. It is ok to dislike it. There is a reason i am a member of an obscure internet forum. Probably you too.

Jokic is probably my favorite player this gen.

im not a member of an obscure internet forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I like jokic but reddit is just 14 year olds, paid pr firms, and world militaries. It is ok to dislike it. There is a reason i am a member of an obscure internet forum. Probably you too.

This is a hell of a thread. First there’s a guy who’s super into the dullest of the California teams and then along comes a guy who adores the most hateable center currently playing

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Jokic is not in any way hatable he's goofy and fun and a good watch

e: unless you're like Croatian or Albanian

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

indigi posted:

Jokic is not in any way hatable he's goofy and fun and a good watch

e: unless you're like Croatian or Albanian

Disagree. His best life would be living under a bridge extorting crossing goats

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Embiid is the most hateable center player hth

ofc now that there are no fouls he's a lot less hateable

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

ClassActionFursuit posted:

disagree

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

ClassActionFursuit posted:

Embiid is the most hateable center player hth

Embiid is fun to hate tho, which makes him less hateable than jokic, who is hateable but also very boring

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you can like jokic that is fine. it’s also fine to think he’s horrible to watch and brings out the worst of nba media and fans

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

euphronius posted:

you can like jokic that is fine. it’s also fine to think he’s horrible to watch and brings out the worst of nba media and fans

This guy gets it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

what you don't like watching 2.3 amazing passes per game punctuating a bunch of unathletic plodding??

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it really is some of the worst basketball I’ve ever seen. he’s Steph Curry tier of unwatchable

to me. if you like him that’s fine

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I do think he can be fun to watch just cause he cooks people who are way faster and more agile

the uniqueness of his game alone is pretty neat

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I can see not liking it though cause that's how I feel about Luka who is also a big whiny bitch. nothing but hate for that man

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

oh god he’s also the worst. a self entitled slab of ham dribbling forever

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

yah he does bring u out

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fair criticism

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

I dont get how watching Jokic bust floaters over those big rear end centers isnt exciting to you, or watcjing him go up into the same form as a flpater for it to jist be a lob to Gordon isnt fun to you. Maybe you just like what you like and that is fine. I like what I like, which is an unpredictable center that jist confuses the hell out of opposing teams. It is never not fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gonna sit my rear end on the couch and watch basketball all day. Playoffs preview. God I can't wait for this week to kick off for real.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

fart simpson posted:

yah he does bring u out

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

In Training posted:

Gonna sit my rear end on the couch and watch basketball all day. Playoffs preview. God I can't wait for this week to kick off for real.

hell yeah

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

reddit sucks but the most joyless people on twitter saying "reddit is down the hall and to the left" about everything is really annoying. like the aesthetic of reddit is very obvious: epic bacon, anti-religious basic science content, etc. it's not whatever you dislike

except maybe steph curry. steph curry is reddit. maybe embiid too since he posts about crypto and nfts. ok fine some nba things are reddit

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 17:06 on Apr 14, 2024

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

reddit sucks but the most joyless people on twitter saying "reddit is down the hall and to the left" about everything is really annoying. like the aesthetic of reddit is very obvious: epic bacon, anti-religious basic science content, etc. it's not whatever you dislike

except maybe steph curry. steph curry is reddit. maybe embiid too since he posts about crypto and nfts. ok fine some nba things are reddit

reddit is over there m8

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

catsitting for a neighbor who has cable TV :letsgo:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Steph is an amazing talent but I agree he's not fun to watch. He takes shots you shouldn't take and makes them which is impressive but infuriating. He's like you're playing against a hacker or someone using GameShark or something. He's bullshit basically in that he makes me say "bullshit" out loud whenever he does a logo three from one foot while falling backwards and it goes in somehow.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Zion is beast right now, I hope he makes it all the way to Denver.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Nonsense posted:

Zion is beast right now, I hope he makes it all the way to Denver.

why would the pelicans trade him

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

fart simpson posted:

why would the pelicans trade him

I think the Pelicans are going to the finals.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nonsense posted:

I think the Pelicans are going to the finals.

They can't play Denver in the finals, they're both west teams

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Thought the Pelicans were in the east, like a dallas is nfc east type thing

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

threes are sorta boring and they (mostly Steph) have kinda ruined the next couple generations of young American nba talent. that poo poo LeBron said is true

colleges really need to be able to pay players so guys get more playing time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

what did LeBron say.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that Steph ruined player development because teams always think they're in it so young/bench guys don't get any playing time in the end of games. then JJ said his rookie year he only got significant playing time in the 4th when they were down by ten+ but that's not happening anymore. Jeff Teague talked about it on his podcast last year so it's not really a new idea but people only really got mad at it cause of LeBron

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
this is the kind of silly nba reporting and burning hot takes around jokic

https://twitter.com/rajandelman/status/1615034079249825814

https://twitter.com/HarrisonWind/status/1656752651365941248

and here is what makes jokic great

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1666668403774439424

https://twitter.com/loljocks_grimey/status/1664647709578461184

https://twitter.com/nuggets/status/1660843868986961925

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Nonsense posted:

Thought the Pelicans were in the east, like a dallas is nfc east type thing

At least parts of NO is west of the Mississippi River, unlike Memphis

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i'm sick of the wolves playing like absolute poo poo against the suns god drat

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if you watch Jokic coaching the Serbian special Olympics team and don't like him then you have no soul

it's also why the whole "he doesn't even like basketball" narrative is so stupid. credulous white people just want a shlubby unmotivated role model so bad

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i'm sick of the wolves playing like absolute poo poo against the suns god drat

aren't they sitting everyone? I didn’t realize the game was so early

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wow wtf I should have looked at the schedule I assumed I'd be able to catch SOME games in prime time. gently caress

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I thought they were sitting Ant and Gobert, I guess they wanted a tune up game with KAT. looks like they needed one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

indigi posted:

I thought they were sitting Ant and Gobert, I guess they wanted a tune up game with KAT. looks like they needed one

they need to win to (at least) keep the 2 seed pretty much

i guess OKC and denver could both lose but that's highly unlikely