Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

19 turnovers in the first half jesus hope they get it together in the 2nd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

I dont get how watching Jokic bust floaters over those big rear end centers isnt exciting to you, or watcjing him go up into the same form as a flpater for it to jist be a lob to Gordon isnt fun to you. Maybe you just like what you like and that is fine. I like what I like, which is an unpredictable center that jist confuses the hell out of opposing teams. It is never not fun.

This is exactly the kind of stuff that NBA fans loving hate to see because it is always only the other team doing it, and they are doing it specifically to spite your team and humiliate your best players.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

indigi posted:

if you watch Jokic coaching the Serbian special Olympics team and don't like him then you have no soul

it's also why the whole "he doesn't even like basketball" narrative is so stupid. credulous white people just want a shlubby unmotivated role model so bad

Thank you for this advice I will make sure not to watch that

Honestly I just developed a deep dislike of him during the 2019 playoffs and the fact that my team has been in a free fall ever since with no end in sight while they’ve been up up up just frustrates me even more

My hate of Jokic is pure

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I respect that

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

indigi posted:

I respect that

That whole 2019 series against Denver was great fun though, one of my favorite playoff memories, then went on to get swept in the conference finals and lmao gently caress basketball it makes me mad just thinking about it all over again

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

feel bad for the black kid named david duke jr.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

indigi posted:

wow wtf I should have looked at the schedule I assumed I'd be able to catch SOME games in prime time. gently caress

It's stupid they did everything in two time slots. Why not spread this out and make it like a 12 hour affair. They could sell more ads.too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sure it's been fun to watch AD/LeBron/Reeves own the poo poo out of the pels. But there's probably better games they coulda broadcast from the WC.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

wolves get swept by the suns and then get them in the first round of the playoffs....... i fear it is going to be very over very soon

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

wolves get swept by the suns and then get them in the first round of the playoffs....... i fear it is going to be very over very soon

This would be extremely on brand.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
tbf it's not like the Suns have been trustworthy themselves this season. don't lose hope. Ant is on the verge of Ultra Instinct

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the sixers are gonna do it this year. Embiid finally looks healthy

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I’m set to become a millionaire once the 2nd Place Knicks make the Eastern Conference Finals. It’s all according to plan…

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no way embiid gets through a knicks series healthy if they get there

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

euphronius posted:

i thought he was retired

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Yossarian-22 posted:

anything that's good and brings any kind of joy is reddit
i can't think of anything less reddit

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

whats up w/ all the tryhards on the orlando magic roster? just give up llol

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

TenementFunster posted:

i can't think of anything less reddit

Racist Europeans and MIC war wankers do seem filled with joy

NBA circle jerk can seem joyful when they're posting AI generated songs about Kobe crashing helicopters

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

Knicks are the most injured team in the league. If Philly wins the play in they'll get all the way to the ECF

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

Knicks are the most injured team in the league. If Philly wins the play in they'll get all the way to the ECF

hahah . no tibs will injure embiid (not hard ) and that will be the end

if they beat Miami which I doubt

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

no theyre not lol. theyre missing like what, 1 rotation guy?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If Miami makes it to the ECF again and Boston does too I'm pretty confident I can win another T-shirt off my father-in-law

I'd love the chance to even out that playoff record too, at least attempt to shut Miami fans up

In short go Heat

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

fart simpson posted:

no theyre not lol. theyre missing like what, 1 rotation guy?

Oh nvm I thought that they were missing Anunoby in addition to Randle still. Guess he came back on the 6th

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hard not to pick the heat to come out of the east yeah

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

lame dillard is going down in the first round w/out giannis. in this posters opinion

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm hoping for a Lakers Miami finals like i was last year.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

In Training posted:

if u bet just $10 on this you will lose $10

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

heat are more likely to lose the playin games than to make it to the second round

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Ja Morant catching strays in Drake's rap beef is hilarious.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

In Training posted:

gross

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

fart simpson posted:

lame dillard is going down in the first round w/out giannis. in this posters opinion

:mad: no this is not what I want to happen and I refuse any and all evidence that it’s what will probably happen

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Sixers are a 25-30 win team without Embiid and they have no shot even with him. Their best chance was 2019 or maybe last year (even if Denver would have crushed them) and this team is not anywhere near as good.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

The Bucks should trade Giannis before his Achilles inevitably blows out next season. Just trash this team and start fresh.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

triple sulk posted:

The Sixers are a 25-30 win team without Embiid and they have no shot even with him. Their best chance was 2019 or maybe last year (even if Denver would have crushed them) and this team is not anywhere near as good.

Paul Reed is way better than Greg Monroe and Amir Johnson, get da gently caress outta here

The Sixers roster this season is loaded compared to the trash they were putting on the floor those playoffs. Mike Scott? James Ennis???

Boston is the only team in the East that will challenge the Sixers if Embiid is playing.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

In Training posted:

I don't trust any teams in the East not to collapse horribly in the presence of Jimmy Butler but there's no way in hell the Lakers are making the Finals, too much real talent in the West these days

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

triple sulk posted:

The 76ers were 31-8 with Embiid this year, literally a higher win-loss pace than Boston's 64-18 record. They are the only team that has a shot in the East besides Boston and Embiid has played the best ball of his career this year

Also they no longer have Doc Rivers

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 05:42 on Apr 16, 2024

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

The 76ers were 31-8 with Embiid this year, literally a higher win-loss pace than Boston's 64-18 record. They are the only team that has a shot in the East besides Boston and Embiid has played the best ball of his career this year

Also they no longer have Doc Rivers

that’s true but they had the easiest schedule in the nba during that 31-8 record. they were feasting on garbage for most of it

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

fart simpson posted:

that’s true but they had the easiest schedule in the nba during that 31-8 record. they were feasting on garbage for most of it

Feasting on garbage is the eastern conference MO lol, your Celtics are guilty too

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

yes but not for the entire season. the celtics had the hardest strength of schedule for the first half of the season and also the best record in the nba. the easy second half of the season is where their lead ballooned to like 15 games up on the 2 seed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Still 2-4 against the top three seeds in the West compared to 4-2 for Philly. I'd still favor Boston but I don't think the 76ers are slouches